Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3?

Old 06-24-2014, 12:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3?

Hey y'all! Just leveled my 96 F150 and looking for some 32x11.5 mud terrains to throw on it. I do want an aggressive looking tire but in reality i'll be driving 80% on the road and maybe 20% off road/mud. I want a long lasting tread and good handling on pavement.

So far it looks like the new Mickey ATZ P3's are the best fit for me. But since they're new I can't really find and good reviews on them. Does anyone have any information to offer about these tires?

Thank you!

http://www.roughcountry.com/mickey-t...000001911.html
Old 06-26-2014, 09:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had them on my truck for about a week now so can't give a very in-depth review, however so far I love them! Very aggressive look for an A/T tire. They have a slight hum at highway speeds, however not overly loud at all. Here's a shot of them on the truck..
Attached Thumbnails Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3?-img_1639.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Truly McCone (06-27-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 12:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian.FX4
I've had them on my truck for about a week now so can't give a very in-depth review, however so far I love them! Very aggressive look for an A/T tire. They have a slight hum at highway speeds, however not overly loud at all. Here's a shot of them on the truck..

Those look aggressive for an A/T, might have to give them a looksee next set
Old 06-27-2014, 01:33 PM

I'm getting a set myself in August with my 2.5" level and .5" block. They look awesome and from what I've been told by people who run them they are very capable. Much more than these stupid Pirellis.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine on my F150 for over six months and had them on pavement, mud, rocks, and snow. I find them really good, but I am missing a couple small chunks from rocks. In snow and mud, they clean them selves really well, but you'll never have a clean truck as they through mud, dirt, and salt all over the sides, hood, roof, you name it. If you care about that sort of thing, it might be worth getting fender flares. Otherwise, they are a pretty legitimate AT. A bit bouncy when she empty though.

Here's a picture of mine.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by DasViking
I've had mine on my F150 for over six months and had them on pavement, mud, rocks, and snow. I find them really good, but I am missing a couple small chunks from rocks. In snow and mud, they clean them selves really well, but you'll never have a clean truck as they through mud, dirt, and salt all over the sides, hood, roof, you name it. If you care about that sort of thing, it might be worth getting fender flares. Otherwise, they are a pretty legitimate AT. A bit bouncy when she empty though.

Here's a picture of mine.

Thanks for the review and pic!

I'm actually very happy to hear that they sling mud everywhere because I loooooove having a dirty truck
Old 08-07-2014, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I highly recommend these tires. I go mudding out in swamp and marsh land and I have yet to get stuck. Wear is also pretty good on them.
Attached Thumbnails Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3?-image-3994804200.jpg  

Last edited by Swamp_Bear; 08-07-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you tell me your Wheel and Tire Size looks great!
Old 08-09-2017, 09:32 AM
F150 Forum

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

The Mickey ATZ P3's are a fantastic tire with a great tread depth and very aggressive pattern. They aren't overly loud especially for the tread pattern that they have with the off-road design in mind. We have numerous customers running these tires on various trucks/jeeps with nothing but positive feedback from them!
Hope that helps!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3?