Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Lockers

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lockers

can I put a tracloc locker in my front axle without screwing up the electronic skid and anti sway devices ?
Old 03-15-2015, 12:12 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by usahunter
can I put a tracloc locker in my front axle without screwing up the electronic skid and anti sway devices ?

There's a little problem with your question. A Tracloc is a clutch type limited slip. A locker is entirely different.

You CAN use a locker in the front of your truck without screwing up the Advancetrac stuff IF it's selectable, like ARB or auburn ECTED. A Detroit locker will work for off road, but will be way too unforgiving for on-road use in the front axle, and puts a lot of stress on front end components., and there's no way to shut it off. In some cases, it won't allow for individual braking to function properly. Those systems use wheel speed differentiation to calculate what actions to take, and if the wheels are spinning at the same speed all the time, the truck will think nothing's wrong. (I know that's a little over simplified)

You CAN use a tracloc in the front as well. all of those features will still work fine. A Truetrac (my recommendation) would be the way to go.

The only thing that will be affected will be the one-wheel-spin control (electronic limited slip using ABS system). basically, it won't have to work as hard to transfer power to the wheel with the traction. Easier on the brakes, and that's a good thing.

to give you an idea, I have a Truetrac in the rear of my truck, and now it does what the traction control "used to " do. My RSC, and ESC still works great.

Last edited by driver444; 03-15-2015 at 12:18 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by driver444:
boondock (03-22-2015), usahunter (03-15-2015)

Quick Reply: Lockers