Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Little morning muddin!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Little morning muddin!!

Well I wish I could say this morning was an ordinary outing, but it was far from it. It all started off when I got my new wheels and tires last night. 32x11.5X15 bfg mud terrains, which are sweet if I might say so myself.

Well of course I had to try the new tires out, and this morning seemed perfect. Just cool enough to have a nice thick dew and plenty of muddy ruts. Well all started out well and the truck seemed to get around amazing in 2wd. well not 5 min into the adventure we come to a narrow path between the Missouri river and a little channel off the river. No biggie, just cross it right, it seemed pretty shallow. Heck don't even need 4wd my buddy said. HAHA that's where it gets interesting.

Drop!! Sorry cell pics, but you'll get the idea

Well it ended up taking 2 pickups to get me out. After 2 and a half hours of trying to pull me out it finally gave in and popped out of the hole. The pictures you see are within a few minutes of getting stuck. I ended up getting water over the headlight but didn't get any into the airbox. Ended up getting water on my floor boards, but after a good shampoo and cleaning the truck is as good as new.

I should conclude by saying I will not be trying to cross any water in the near future
Old 11-15-2009, 12:00 AM
I WANNA GO FAST!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dudeee same thing happened to me, except mine was at night crossing a bayou after 6" of rain. I dug my trailer hitch into the dirt and couldnt free myself. water at the doors and the wheels werent even touching the dirt just pinned. muddy water doenst mix with non lifted trucks lol
Old 11-16-2009, 07:51 AM
wyld1

same thing happened to me by the same river but in south sioux city. i know how ya feel it took a bronco with a 9000 lbs winch to finally pull me out
Old 11-16-2009, 09:10 AM

Well its good to know I'm not alone here . The way I look at it is, I will need a least a 6'' suspension lift to get through there, so that's the goal for next spring. Then I'm calling the mud hole out!!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:46 AM

i wonder if the beast would make it.....
Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
^ drinks KC Tea

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ha holy **** that was deep
Old 11-23-2009, 08:14 AM

Well I"m installing my lift as we speak, so once I'm done I'll take some pics of myself on the other side
Old 11-29-2009, 10:54 PM

I had a similar incident on a mud road. That "only needing 2wd" is where I ran into trouble also. They don't steer nearly as well in the muck.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by l67cooled
Well I"m installing my lift as we speak, so once I'm done I'll take some pics of myself on the other side
You ever make it after the lift??? Im not seeing any pics of you (and the truck) on the other side.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:50 PM
BREW CREW

that looks like the hole my truck was in before i took my picture in my avatar i had to check my britches after i got through it i thought i was gonna disappear lol but i have to say nice

Quick Reply: Little morning muddin!!