Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

limited slip electronic locker help

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default limited slip electronic locker help

alright guys I've tried to do as much research as possible and still having trouble with this.

I would like to put a locker in my f150 I have a 05 FX4 ive looked around and learned the difference between electronic, manual and automatic full time etc.

I was thinking of going with manual but then I thought what about a electronic locking diff and can it be wired to my 4x4 switch so when I engage the 4x4 it locks the rear diff im assuming this is possible?

what my main question is when not locked is it going to be limited slip or open can you purchase and electronic locker that is limited slip then locked full time when engaged ????

hope this makes sense
Old 12-30-2013, 02:46 PM

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

9.75 Detroit Tru Trac is all you need in the rear bud.

Its the most streetable diff. You dont need to do anything with it. Never once was I in a situation it didn't spin both rear wheels...and there are no clutches inside to wear like the factory lockers that come on fords.

I also had an electronic eaton locker in front. I had it on a seperate switch for only when I needed the front wheels locked.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:20 PM

Received 91 Likes on 86 Posts

I have been running a tru trac for about a year and a half now. Love it! Never noticed on the street but deff works offroad

Quick Reply: limited slip electronic locker help