Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Lifts

Old 07-07-2013, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifts

I have very basic knowledge of lifts. Can somebody give me a rundown of lifts and related tuning/accessories?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:09 PM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

What type of lift are you looking for? there is a large verity of suspension systems ranging from leveling kits to full long travel kits. We make a verity of high end long travel and mid travel kits and just introduced a 4" lift spindle leveling kit:

https://www.f150forum.com/f37/baja-k...up-buy-215109/

So if you have any questions on those feel free to shoot me a PM

Kris w/ Baja Kits
Old 07-10-2013, 02:41 PM

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

You can get a level kit that will level the vehicle out.

Or you can get a body kit that gives any wear from 1-2"s of lift.

If you want more lift then that then you need to decide what you are looking for. For example I wanted to be able to jump my truck and give it that "Baja" style so I went with baja kits LT suspension.

Some people just want a bigger lift to clear bigger tires.

So we probably need a bit more info like what is your goal for the lift? And how much do you want to spend?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:07 PM

Cost really isnt an issue, just want good quality. I have been doing some research and believe that either a 4" or 6" coil suspension lift would do it for me. The main thing i am looking for is what to consider when it comes down to purchasing a lift
Old 07-11-2013, 12:54 AM

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

If you want a lift that large you will need things like extended break lines and a longer drive shaft. To be honest I dont know a whole lot about what all is needed. I am having Baja kits do it all for me and just trusting them.

You may want to find a suspension manufacturer you like and contact them. I think a lot of them have kits that will include every thing you need to drive it away once installed with no need to purchases added parts.

I found this in a quick Google search maybe it will help.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/off-road/...spensions.aspx
The following users liked this post:
SprigHunter (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 12:11 PM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by SprigHunter
Cost really isnt an issue, just want good quality. I have been doing some research and believe that either a 4" or 6" coil suspension lift would do it for me. The main thing i am looking for is what to consider when it comes down to purchasing a lift
What are your plans with the lift? Are you going to be seeing a lot of off road use? If so what type of off road use high speed desert, rock crawling, mudding, etc?

Are you looking for just a street lift to add height for bigger tires for looks?

Each kit comes with a large amount of different components depending on how and what the kit is built for.

For example our Long Travel kits, come with boxed upper and lower control arms, spindle, hardware, brake lines, ect, however our 4" leveling kit only comes with the Spindle and hardware. Just depends on the kit and its focus.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM

I do a fair amount of mudding but also drive on the road. Road durability would be more of a priority. I am looking for either a 4 or 6 inch kit. I want the truck to ride even so I would assume a leveling kit. Do you have any recommendations. If you need more specifics let me know I really appreciate your help.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Look into BDS, Procomp, Rough Country, Zone, and Fabtech. All well known manufacturers, I just bought my Rough Country a while back.
The following users liked this post:
SprigHunter (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 06:53 PM

Why dis you choose rough country if you dont mind me asking?

Last edited by SprigHunter; 07-11-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lifts