Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Off-Road Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 01-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Lift options

I am sure that this has been asked many times before, and I have searched and read and read some more, but here is my conundrum.

I want to lift my 2013 FX4 SuperCrew, but, one of the conditions is that I want to retain the ability to park in the garage.

I have measured my truck and garage, the stock height to the bottom of the outside of the fender wells are 36.75" in the front and 39" in the back.

I have about 7.75" max clearance for the garage, but I would like to max out at 7" just so I have a little wiggle room.

I am fairly certain that I want a full suspension lift, so that really just leaves the possibility of a 4" or possibly a 6" lift. I am also, at least for the time being, planning on running my stock 20" wheels.

My two biggest fears in this deal are driving home all happy with a "new" truck and not being able to fit in the garage... then the wife would be all... and/or having the rear sit lower than the front of the truck.

If anyone could share some measurements on how much actual lift they got from their suspension/tire changes, that would be awesome.
EOJRR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:59 PM   #2
Chive So Hard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Be not afraid fo rthis is a common question and concern with many a pickup enthusiast. to start off with, you need to get a full on measurement to the highest point on the truck (3rd brake light). Second you need to consider the size tires you want to go with. I believe your stock tires are a 32" tire, so that meant just the addition of say a 35" tire would effectively raise the truck up 1.5" over stock as is. Now with that said, a 35 will not clear on its own so you have to look into raising the truck. Being that the point of your question is lift kits, I will throw out some options, suggestions, and personal experience. If your goal is a 35" tire you will need at least a level to clear them. Simple digging around this forum will yield multiple options. The cool part about a level is that you can keep your stock wheels and not hav any backspacing issues. With a lift kit, be it 4 or 6 inch, you will need new wheels or a set of wheel spacer to accomodate the extra clearnace needed for the longer spindles. Speaking for experience, my truck sits leveled and i have a set of 35's on mine. I cannot get the truck safely into a 7' tall parking garage and not have the breathing room that I like to have. My advice, if you want to fit in a garage, level it.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #3

10-4, but to clarify, my height limit isn't 7 feet, I have 7 inches to play with... (that's what she said)
EOJRR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:29 PM   #4

6 inch lift with 35s. Leaves u .25 inches of wiggle room.
Sandstorm_08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:29 PM