Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Lift kit help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit help!!

Ok, so I have a 2006 four door long bed XLT 2wd. I currently have a 2.5 leveling kit on the front, and a 1.5 inch block in the back. I'm interested in putting a 3 inch lift kit on...my question is, could I put the 3 inch lift on with my current set up? Or would I have to take the leveling kit and block off before installing the lift kit? I've got to buy new shocks soon anyway, so I'd like to go on and get shocks and a lift kit all in one.

I hope that made sense, any help would be great!!

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM
GIGGITY

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Ive never heard of a three inch lift. Theres a four inch. But if you do youll have to pull the block out of the back, you can leave the front spacer if you want, will leave it sittig bulldawg. Mean, tough look.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:48 PM

http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...A5964A0A0.aspx

Take a look, that's the three inch lift I found at what I thought to be a reasonable price. I def would like that mean look to it, I'm just trying to make the most reliable and best looking decision. Thanks man.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:58 PM
GIGGITY

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Honestly, once you get it your gonna wanna go bigger. So go get you a 4 or 6 inch. Rough country is cheap and reliable, fabtech is a little more costly and beefier and has a nicer ride. But alot of people settle with rough country. And if 4 and 6 inches isnt big enough go get you a 3 inch body lift to add to it.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:53 PM

i would have to say dido as far as a 4 or 6 lift. but a lift is not something you want to save money on. if you buy a rough country u get exactly what the name is, rough. spend the money and get a BDS or Zone Offroad. Fabtech is too expensive and has no other changes from a BDS. and if you are wanting to keep the same ride you have just put a 3in body lift on extremely cheap and not too hard either.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 AM

I have a 6 inch Rough Country and I love it. Yeah it's not as smooth as a fab tech or BDS, but it's a A LOT cheaper and still very reliable. I am very happy with my rough country lift.

Quick Reply: Lift kit help!!