Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Lift kit decisions....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Ford Never Dies!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit decisions....

So I have been looking at a few different lift kits. One is the 4" BDS. Another would be 6" BDs. Then there are the 6" Pro comp lifts. I have been reading alot of posts here some swear by the Pro Comp some love the BDS. I am also not sure if I want to go 4" or 6". I don't want it to be to high but I want more than a level lift. Im leaning towards the 4" but if anyone has a few pictures of either one It would probably help me make a decision.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any particular tire size that you wish to run?

Go with the 6" kit and 33's.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Ford Never Dies!

I did a bit of research and see that if I go 4" I can only go with 33's. But if I go 6" I can run 35's.
Originally Posted by cooldude960
Any particular tire size that you wish to run?

Go with the 6" kit and 33's.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:47 PM

I was wondering the same thing. So far I found that you can fit 35s on a 4in BDS lift kit with no rub and no cutting needed
Old 01-07-2015, 03:26 PM

Received 131 Likes on 54 Posts

Where'd you do your research? BDS' site states 4" will clear 35s--- http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...-2013&kid=598H

BDS 6" will clear 37 depending on back spacing.--- http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...-2013&kid=598H

I went with a 4" instead of the 6" so I wouldn't be tempted to get 37s and have to re-gear.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can clear 37's with a 6" if you don't get a wild offset. if you go with a -44 offset wheel you will have to run a 35's.

have you looked at the mcgaughy's thats what i have the spindles are more beefy than the others and it comes with strut bars which look good. the only problem i had is they welded on the inside of the tab where my strut bar goes and the alignment washer what fully rotate so if you get that lift just look for that. but i talked to them and they it shouldn't be there the ones in the warehouse don't have it so you should be good.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Chive So Hard

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

First off what year truck do you have? Second, what are your intentions with your lift? How much offroading will you do? Have you decided on a wheel and tire yet? Im here to tell you that only with a level will 33's look good. 4" and 6" lifts look right with 35's, any smaller looks like your truck skipped leg day. Now to even dig deeper I have to ask, do you ever intend on making the truck any taller (adjustable coilovers, add-a-leaf, bigger block)? If this is the case BDS will be a better bet than Procomp will ever be. With a BDS 6" lift, you can add a level to it and stretch it to almost 8" of total lift up front and then do as you will to raise the back up even more.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Ford Never Dies!

My truck is a 2012. Intentions are mostly looks. It will see some off roading. Not nearly as much nor as rough as I used to do when I was 18. Lol. I do believe 35 is the largest tire that I want to go. Also 4" will be high enough for me.
Originally Posted by KCCOFox
First off what year truck do you have? Second, what are your intentions with your lift? How much offroading will you do? Have you decided on a wheel and tire yet? Im here to tell you that only with a level will 33's look good. 4" and 6" lifts look right with 35's, any smaller looks like your truck skipped leg day. Now to even dig deeper I have to ask, do you ever intend on making the truck any taller (adjustable coilovers, add-a-leaf, bigger block)? If this is the case BDS will be a better bet than Procomp will ever be. With a BDS 6" lift, you can add a level to it and stretch it to almost 8" of total lift up front and then do as you will to raise the back up even more.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Ford Never Dies!

You are correct. I went and reread on BDS site. So I'm not sure what I read that said 33 was the biggest on a 4". It was one of those long tired nights at work, surfng the web... I didn't write the post till 2 days later. Thanks for clearing that up for me. QUOTE=olemiss reb;3904517]Where'd you do your research? BDS' site states 4" will clear 35s--- http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...-2013&kid=598H

BDS 6" will clear 37 depending on back spacing.--- http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...-2013&kid=598H

I went with a 4" instead of the 6" so I wouldn't be tempted to get 37s and have to re-gear.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Chive So Hard

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, Zone makes a 4" kit for your model year and would fit exactly what youre looking for without spending BDS money. Bonus is that BDS makes Zone lifts

Quick Reply: Lift kit decisions....