Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift

Looking to lift my '06 F-150 extended cab. Idk if it currently has a lift or is just stock but I was thinking of lifting it maybe 6 inches. I want that wide off-road lifted look. I'm new to lifting and don't know where to really start, but if anyone could give me some input. I want at least a 6" raise with tires about 35" and a wider stance. I'm a nube so no need for negative criticism. Thanks.

This is how my truck looks currently

Last edited by amd241997@gmail.com; 07-20-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Before you spend money, what kind of gears do you have? If you have 3.55 or higher, then you will notice the extra weight of the 35" tires when you take off from a stop.

I have 33" E-rated tires with 3.55 gears and take offs are a bit more sluggish. Nothing bad, but it is noticeable.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:44 AM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

Welcome to the Forum!

Very clean F150. Take a picture of your suspension now so we can see what you have! It looks like you might have spacers up front.

So, how are you going to be using your truck? Do you have a budget in mind? Like mentioned above, regearing is recommended if you are going to be running a bigger tire...especially with 35's. It'll protect the longevity of your transmission.

Here is a picture of my personal 2007 F150 with our Prerunner kit and 35" tires. This kit will lift your truck about 4-5" and widen your stance by 3" per side. Identical to a Raptor.

Let me know if this is something you are looking to do!

Thanks

JT
Old 07-27-2016, 08:09 PM

Question Lift Kit

I have a 2007 Lincoln Mark Lt, same thing as F150 crew cab; not many people lift the Lincolns so I wanted to seek some advice on lifting my truck from people who would know. Currently I have a 1.5" front end leveling kit, just spacers above the coils, on it. I found a leveling/lift kit that will raise the front 3.5" and the rear 2". The kit is nothing more than spacers for the front, rear lift blocks with extended U-bolts, and extended shock strut spacer blocks. It says because of the spacer blocks I won't need longer shock struts which is a great relief because those can get expensive. I'm not trying to get into the thousands just on the lift, I'm already going to have to buy bigger tires and might as well buy new wheels while I'm at it. I know with the bigger you lift a truck the more modifications that need to be made, I am trying to avoid that. Does anyone know with 3.5" lift if I will need to extend brake lines, drop the steering column, recalibrate speedometer, what needs to be done to gears, etc.....???? What modifications are necessary with that size lift? What size tires can I put on it without rubbing and still be able to turn? I'm not going to be taking it off road I just love the look, but I don't want it to be super slow either. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!!!
Old 07-28-2016, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by TattooRob
I have a 2007 Lincoln Mark Lt, same thing as F150 crew cab; not many people lift the Lincolns so I wanted to seek some advice on lifting my truck from people who would know. Currently I have a 1.5" front end leveling kit, just spacers above the coils, on it. I found a leveling/lift kit that will raise the front 3.5" and the rear 2". The kit is nothing more than spacers for the front, rear lift blocks with extended U-bolts, and extended shock strut spacer blocks. It says because of the spacer blocks I won't need longer shock struts which is a great relief because those can get expensive. I'm not trying to get into the thousands just on the lift, I'm already going to have to buy bigger tires and might as well buy new wheels while I'm at it. I know with the bigger you lift a truck the more modifications that need to be made, I am trying to avoid that. Does anyone know with 3.5" lift if I will need to extend brake lines, drop the steering column, recalibrate speedometer, what needs to be done to gears, etc.....???? What modifications are necessary with that size lift? What size tires can I put on it without rubbing and still be able to turn? I'm not going to be taking it off road I just love the look, but I don't want it to be super slow either. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!!!
Welcome to the forum!

If you do a search ( I would recommend Google...type in F150forum and then your key words ) there are a lot of threads regarding leveling kits, lift kits etc...

If you are going to be lifting it 3" or more, you will need new Upper Arms. The Aftermarket Upper arm is designed to give you more droop for a better ride. Your current upper arm will have terrible ball joint angle plus it will be sitting on the factory droop stop. With any 3.5" of lift with no differential drop your CV/Tierods and mentioned above, your ball joints will all be in a bad angle.

Do you have an overall budget on what you are looking to spend? Do you have a 2WD or 4WD?

You do not want to go cheap with suspension. Do it right the first time or you will pay more down the road.

As for Gearing, yes, it is recommend when you go with 35" and up. This is to protect the longevity of your transmission.

Last edited by Baja Kits; 07-28-2016 at 10:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TattooRob (07-28-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 01:49 PM

Thumbs up Lift Kit

Thank you very much Baja Kits!!! I have the 4WD. I haven't purchased anything yet. I was afraid the cheap lift kits would be poor quality. I was hoping to do the lift for less than a grand, but the more I can save the better and sooner I can do it; however I don't want to waste money on cheap crap either. The price of tires and wheels is what's really going to hit my pockets, so if you know where I can get a good deal on those I can spend a lil more on the lift. I want to do the whole thing at once, I feel like it would look silly to lift it and have to wait to put bigger tires on it. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am new to this; what exactly needs to be done to the gears? Do I have to replace something? Do they get reprogrammed? I have no clue how that works? Who can do that? 4WD specialty place or most mechanics? What kind of price range is that?? What about brake lines and steering column? Will they be ok or do they need extending too? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to find out what I'm getting myself into before I make wrong moves guessing blindly. Thanks!!!
Old 07-28-2016, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by TattooRob
Thank you very much Baja Kits!!! I have the 4WD. I haven't purchased anything yet. I was afraid the cheap lift kits would be poor quality. I was hoping to do the lift for less than a grand, but the more I can save the better and sooner I can do it; however I don't want to waste money on cheap crap either. The price of tires and wheels is what's really going to hit my pockets, so if you know where I can get a good deal on those I can spend a lil more on the lift. I want to do the whole thing at once, I feel like it would look silly to lift it and have to wait to put bigger tires on it. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am new to this; what exactly needs to be done to the gears? Do I have to replace something? Do they get reprogrammed? I have no clue how that works? Who can do that? 4WD specialty place or most mechanics? What kind of price range is that?? What about brake lines and steering column? Will they be ok or do they need extending too? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to find out what I'm getting myself into before I make wrong moves guessing blindly. Thanks!!!
For gearing, this is the best thread to read up on it!

https://www.f150forum.com/f34/gearin...thread-329865/

I would definitely save $$ and do everything at once and get exactly what you want.

Like I said, do it right the first time.

Besides on Suspension, we can get you King Shocks, Method Wheels, Falken Tires, Rigid Lights and FiberwerX glass.

Email me at jt@bajakits.com if you have more questions.

Thanks

JT
The following users liked this post:
TattooRob (07-28-2016)

Quick Reply: Lift