Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

leveling questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leveling questions

New to this forum thing, so hoping this goes to the right place to get some info:

I am looking at replacing my shocks w/ leveling shocks. I've read a lot about the Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks and the Rancho Quick Lifts. I like the height options and the design advantages (advertised) of the Bilsteins, but like the adjustability of the Rancho 9000s for the rear, as I tow a 22 ft camper frequently in the summer and don't want the front end pointing skyward while towing.

First: Any input on the idea of putting Bilsteins on the front and Ranchos on the rear? I have NO brand loyalty....

Second: Will the Ranchos set stiff keep my rear from sagging while towing? Or will I run into ride-quality issues w/ the two different brands? I do have a weight distributing hitch for the camper that pretty much levels it right now when towing, but with the added 1.5 - 2.0 inches of lift w/ the Bilsteins, don't want it to be a star gazer when towing.

Lastly: For anyone who has replaced their fronts w/ EITHER of these shocks, would you recommend going w/ new (factory spec) front springs while I'm at it? My 05 SuperCrew has 66,000 miles on it.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: leveling questions