Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Leveling kit help

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leveling kit help

I have a 2.5" hellbent steel leveling kit with 33x12.50 toyo at2 and 18x12 fuel hostage right now, can I add like a lift shock to add a little more height so they won't rub as bad?
Old 07-20-2015, 05:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcone97
I have a 2.5" hellbent steel leveling kit with 33x12.50 toyo at2 and 18x12 fuel hostage right now, can I add like a lift shock to add a little more height so they won't rub as bad?
Where is the rubbing at?

Could it be solved my moving the tire out with a wheel spacer?

I wouldn't combine a lifting shock or aftermarket coil over with a strut spacer. Bilstein, for instance, voids there warranty if you do.

At 2.5" you already have a lot or lift for a strut spacer and I wouldn't go any higher but they do make 3" spacers if you have to have more room. AGAIN, I DON"T RECOMMEND IT!

At 2.5" you are already wearing your components at a higher rate than normal. Eventually, you will need a new upper control arm at about $500-750 plus installation for approximately $1,000 so start budgeting for that. If you bump up to a 3" spacer move your UCA budget up accordingly.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rubbing is on my fenders on the backside of my tire and on the bottom of my front bumper. do you think a smaller tire would help clear?
Old 07-20-2015, 09:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcone97
The rubbing is on my fenders on the backside of my tire and on the bottom of my front bumper. do you think a smaller tire would help clear?
I would go to a tire shop (preferable the one that mounted them) and have them look at the rubbing. If you can get away with trimming plastic that might be the easiest way to go. Ask them the wheel spacer question as well, that might be a good solution. Trimming plastic is free and wheel spacers are cheap compared to other solutions.

If neither of those work then I would look at height adjustments but the price jumps to $1k minimum at that point.

Let me know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit help