Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

leveling kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 06:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default leveling kit?

looking to throw a leveling kit on my 2014 stx. I have a few questions before buying a kit that id like some insight on. first of all I came from the bowtie side, we just crank the torsion bars to level so this block stuff is new to me.

im looking into a 2" level block from motofab, is this amount of lift going to make the UCA angles too steep? and anyone that has done just the 2" front, have you had any issues? my main issue is I don't ant to go through balljoints like crazy.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:27 PM
Custom User Title!

Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by INJEN78
looking to throw a leveling kit on my 2014 stx. I have a few questions before buying a kit that id like some insight on. first of all I came from the bowtie side, we just crank the torsion bars to level so this block stuff is new to me. im looking into a 2" level block from motofab, is this amount of lift going to make the UCA angles too steep? and anyone that has done just the 2" front, have you had any issues? my main issue is I don't ant to go through balljoints like crazy.
Things will obviously wear a little quicker any time you change the height from stock, but at 2" you're pretty safe. Tons of people running that.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been running on a 2" level for about a year... so far no problems. It is the safe way to go.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:36 PM

yeah im aware that things will wear more quickly when any geometry is changed from factory, but im trying to avoid the issues of eating through upper balljoints and cv axle boots every 3000 miles. ill keep searching around for peoples reviews.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:31 PM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

Unless you're really wheeling it hard, you'll have no problems with a 2" level. I've had mine in for 2 years and 50,000 mi. and the front end is still nice and tight.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:06 AM

thanks for the info, these are the type of replies im looking for. actual real world experiences.

Quick Reply: leveling kit?