Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

LED Bar Mount to Bullbar

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 04:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default LED Bar Mount to Bullbar

I am considering getting a Westin bulbar soon and would like to mount an LED bar on it. Does anyone know of any good threads or youtube videos showing how to install? Has anyone done this? I have been searching, but haven't found anything that has been all that helpful. My truck is a 2002. Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 20" Amazon bar on my aries bar. I bought the bar with the sliding brackets and they didn't fit the pre drilled holes. About 4 hours later and many cuss words, I drilled new holes into my areis. My best advice, if you have to drill new holes. Measure 10 times, make sure it's straight. I found it was easiest to drill my holes with the bull bar off the truck. Be careful to not scratch the powder coat. Drilling into a tube is much harder than it sounds with a cordless drill and a metal drill bit. Make the holes on top just big enough to fit the bolt through. Then drill the bottom holes big enough to fit the socket in it to tighten the light. Then just reinstall and wire the light.

I would definitely go with a LED light bar though. They are crazy bright. I am super happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails LED Bar Mount to Bullbar-image.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully I won't run into that problem.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:16 PM

Glad to help, I think you'll really like the combo if you decide to pull the trigger.
The LED bar looks soooo much better than 2 round lights, and it's a lot brighter IMO
Old 02-06-2015, 05:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 20" E Series on the front of mine. LOVE this light!

Only complaint is it's a little low for a good flood. The distance on this thing is incredible.

Install was super simple, you just need the cradle so the holes line up with the pre-drilled holes in the bull bar.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:26 PM

Any opinions on this bar? What did you guys pay for yours? http://www.ebay.com/itm/20inch-126W-CREE-LED-Spot-Flood-4WD-Work-Light-Bar-Offroad-UTE-Boat-Lamp-4x4-ATV-/251749041842?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a9d6986b2&vxp=mtr
Old 02-06-2015, 09:29 PM

I think I paid $60 for mine. Just buy a tube of clear silicone and seal the edges. I haven't had any moisture problems yet. If you want to go crazy, buy a rigid or vision x. But if you are like me, I'd rather trash a $60 bar instead of a $300+ bar in the event of a front end collision. Save the nice stuff for other places on the truck. As for the one you linked, that looks like the exact same one I have.

Trending Topics

Old 02-09-2015, 01:48 PM

Okay, so I contacted autoanything and they said that the holes on the Westin bull bar are 24" apart, but that seems huge. Does anyone have a Westin Ultimate bull bar and know how far apart the pre-drilled holes are? If worse comes to worse, I'll just hold off on ordering the light bar until I have the bull bar.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4offroad
Any opinions on this bar? What did you guys pay for yours? 20inch 126W CREE LED Spot Flood 4WD Work Light Bar Offroad Ute Boat Lamp 4x4 ATV | eBay
I'm a dealer for Lifetime LED lights, they have a better product than these Amazon light, and come with a LIFETIME warranty.

I can't post the price I can sell these lights for, send me a message and I'll get you a quote. It's MUCH less than the retail price of $249.

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/le...215_40_led_bar
Old 02-18-2015, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by OKC_F150

I'm a dealer for Lifetime LED lights, they have a better product than these Amazon light, and come with a LIFETIME warranty.

I can't post the price I can sell these lights for, send me a message and I'll get you a quote. It's MUCH less than the retail price of $249.

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/le...215_40_led_bar
I don't believe the info on your site, claiming to have "the brightest lights" but you don't have any output pictures?! How do these compare with brands like Rigid Industries, KC LED Light Bars, etc.?

Quick Reply: LED Bar Mount to Bullbar