Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Last nights fun

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Bleeds Ford Blue

Received 322 Likes on 184 Posts

Default Last nights fun

I extracted a Toyota from snow.

I don't know exactly what was going on, but when I finally showed up around 8pm the guy in the yellow Yota - whom I inderectly knew as one of my brother's friends - had been in that spot for over four hours.

When I showed up there was blue Toyota pickup on the side of the road. The Yellow Toy was stuck in the snow about 200 feet off the main street in town, and by main street I mean paved two lane road that is one of two ways to get out of town and it is WELL traveled.

There was also a late 2000's Exploder stuck trying to pull the yellow Yota out (pictured). -As my buddy, who was with me (he knew the yellow Yota driver), put it for the Ex's situation "All-seasons + Electronic 4WD = FAIL and 1/2". The Ex eventually got himself unstuck enough to back up to just about the edge of the clearing before he got hung up on the heavy crap the plows created on the edge. The blue Toyota pickup pulled him out leaving me to extract the Yellow one. I couldn't get a good angle on the path so I shot up the street and pulled a u-ey in a deli parking lot. Came back down the road and stopped just before the snow bank. Threw it in 4-LO and dove right in. Got my 20 foot strap and pair of heavy bow shackles out - attached the strap to his front hook and my tow hitch and had him out in 5 mins. We had to pull him further in since he somehow got the truck in front of a tree and couldn't go backwards. But once he was out of his hole he had no trouble backing up back onto the street. All this with a busted CV axle and no lockers in my truck

Last edited by MustangAndy; 02-02-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats sweet,gotta love the snow wheelin, i know i do, i gotta get out and do some more

keep the rubber side down
Old 02-02-2011, 02:55 PM
C.E.O. Poorboy Racing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the toy is High Centered lol, I yanked 2 out on my way to work today. Then got a call from the gf telling me she was stuck in the Libby. It's a 4 wheel drive! Her dad rescued her in his Super Duty, so thanks to him, I got to stay at work all day, yay lol...
Old 02-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Bleeds Ford Blue

Received 322 Likes on 184 Posts

Apparently my truck is "megahuge"

Old 02-03-2011, 09:37 AM
C.E.O. Poorboy Racing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol I suppose anything that coulda gotten them out of that mess woulda been mega huge lol...

Quick Reply: Last nights fun