Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

King 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default King 3.0

I own a 2015 EB 4WD and I'm wanting to run the biggest shock I can without needing fenders. I know a lot of the Raptor specific companies (RPG, Rogue, SVC) are working on LT kits for the new 150 but that's way more than I need. If I'm honest with myself, I don't really "need" to do anything but I "want" more capability. What I'd like do is:

King 3.0 front and rear
UCA's
Tie Rods
Deavers in the rear
17" wheels 4.75 BS
33" or 35" Tires

Can this be accomplished with stock spindles and LCA's? Is this a realistic setup? Will I need to upgrade bump stops? I know I can run 2.5" shocks with remote resi's if I run a wheel with 4.75 BS. But I'd like to do more.

I do off road occasionally down fire breaks and my truck is my DD. I'd like to do everything at once and call it done. Any insight or guidance would be awesome. I know it won't be cheap but I want a system that will last forever that doesn't require major cutting or welding. Thanks..

Dave
Old 06-29-2015, 01:13 AM

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

Is there a reason you want 3.0s other than bragging rights over the guys with 2.5s? Sure sounds like you don't need them. Sounds like you don't even need reservoir shocks if you "off-road occasionally". Everything except the 3.0s would bolt right up and fit fine. The 3.0s would have to be custom made by King and cost a small fortune.
The following users liked this post:
Old 06-29-2015, 05:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default King 3.0

You will surely not enjoy the street ride. I'll take your 3.0 and give you my 2.5 and call it even.
The following users liked this post:
Old 06-29-2015, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by buster096
Is there a reason you want 3.0s other than bragging rights over the guys with 2.5s? Sure sounds like you don't need them. Sounds like you don't even need reservoir shocks if you "off-road occasionally". Everything except the 3.0s would bolt right up and fit fine. The 3.0s would have to be custom made by King and cost a small fortune.
No, your right. For my application I could throw on some Boss Coilovers front and rear and my truck would ride better and I'd save a bunch of money. I ran King 2.5" on my Superduty and they were awesome. I'm asking about 3.0 because I was trying to figure out if they could fit into the stock location.

So, they'd have to be custom made to fit the lower arms? If I went LT I'd be looking between $2200-2800 for fronts. You think they'd be more than that? Thanks for the reply man.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:43 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

That's a serious set of shocks for occasional use. If it's your dd I'd stick with a 2.5. Personally I like the Fox set up then kings. Either one will be more than capable and ride great
Old 06-29-2015, 10:50 PM

I'm a little biased to the Kings because I've ran them before. They are also about $150 less than the OEM replacement Fox's. What is it that you like better about the Fox's. I'm not apposed to trying something new.

I know RPG runs their kits with Fox so I could get everything from them. Not sure if their a vendor on here or not.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:11 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I like fox's valving better. Again it's personal preference. Both very high quality pieces.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:40 PM

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

I have the 2.5" Kings on my 2015. They would never fit, but even if they did, your down travel would be severely limited with the 3.0" shocks due to the knuckle hitting the springs. My 2.5" make contact with the top of the knuckles (by the ball joint) at full droop. There is absolutely zero reason to run a 3.0" shock on an F150.

Last edited by BigBlue&Goldie; 07-01-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue&Goldie
I have the 2.5" Kings on my 2015. I can tell you your down travel would be severely limited with the 3.0" shocks due to the UCA hitting the springs. My 2.5" make contact with the UCA at full droop.
Good to know,thanks. Are you running stock UCA's. What are you running for wheels and tires?
Old 07-01-2015, 03:49 PM

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by NevaEnough
Good to know,thanks. Are you running stock UCA's. What are you running for wheels and tires?
Yeah, stock. There is no reason for aftermarket UCA's. There is a built in limit in the frame that only allows the UCA to only droop so far. I don't have my truck with me or I would check for you, but it's only on one side of the UCA (I thint the rear mouting side). Jack up the front of your truck and you will see what I'm talking about. The only benefit to aftermarket UCA's is looks. The factory arm is pretty beefy, you will never break it.

I'm running factory 2013 Raptor wheels and tires with no rubbing issues. I didn't want my wheels/tires sticking out past my fenders.

Quick Reply: King 3.0