Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

And Just Some More Fun

Old 02-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned Forever!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default And Just Some More Fun

My friend from Las Vegas Nevada, Dave AKA MixedBread called me on Friday Feb 12th 2010 to ask me if his room here at my house was ready for him to crash for the night and that he would set out by 9am Saturday the 13th to spend Valentine with his lovely wife in Northern CA.
He arrived at my house about 7PM, Jose AKA Che and his Wife arrived a lil later and so we all had dinner at Red Lobster Restaurant. After dinner we came home and che exchanged money for some merchandise Dave sold to him. It was about midnight when Che left and I suggested to Dave that he do a 2 hr advance driving towards his destination. I suggested that we head out to Hungry Valley and do some 4 wheeling before he left to see his wife. He agreed and so we set out at about 1AM Saturday the 13th; we arrived at Hungry Valley about 2:15AM. I then took Dave for an early morning off road experience in the darkness of the morning. We wheeled for about 2 hrs then came back to his truck at about 4:00 AM. We both took a nap in each of our trucks and set out for some more off road fun about 8:00 AM after hot coffee and chocolate. All in all once again we had a blast.

Warning!! Here is the first part of the video; but before you click play make sure you go to the bathroom or else you'll either pee or **** your panties laughing. All the riding I did on 2wd.

Last edited by OGTerror; 02-14-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned Forever!

Where are the pics and video you took Dave?

To give you an idea how far up Dave went here is a pic:

Old 02-14-2010, 02:10 PM
This picture scares you

Hey, if he is from down in the LA area and all that, I bet the altitude was kickin' his ****... You guys were above 4000' and depending how far back, around 4500'...

Have you ever gone up to the top of Frazier Mountain? You can drive up to the top on fire roads (even the 2wd's can make it), it is beautiful up there.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Banned Forever!

Yeah he was about 4300 ft. All the wheeling on the video was done on 2wheel drive. Hungry Valley is part of Frazier park and no I haven't been to Frazier mountain.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned Forever!

In response to Motard1's comment, I made this video specially dedicated to him. Comment #4 and #12 @ https://www.f150forum.com/f15/my-ride-ogterror-43656/

Old 02-14-2010, 03:52 PM
This picture scares you

Originally Posted by OGTerror
Yeah he was about 4300 ft. All the wheeling on the video was done on 2wheel drive. Hungry Valley is part of Frazier park and no I haven't been to Frazier mountain.

What I meant about 2wd was the clearance, the lower trucks can make the roads. It is about a 25 minute drive past where you guys go...

Hungry Valley is part of Gorman, that is the little town (read off ramp) where the McDonalds is that you get off at. I've been there once in 2 years of living up there but had regular street tires and no idea where I was going, so just drove around on the main roads and didn't go down any trails, very nice place.

Very nice setup BTW, love the truck and the vids!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned Forever!

Originally Posted by camstng66
What I meant about 2wd was the clearance, the lower trucks can make the roads. It is about a 25 minute drive past where you guys go...

Hungry Valley is part of Gorman, that is the little town (read off ramp) where the McDonalds is that you get off at. I've been there once in 2 years of living up there but had regular street tires and no idea where I was going, so just drove around on the main roads and didn't go down any trails, very nice place.

Very nice setup BTW, love the truck and the vids!!!
Oh, I see what you mean by the ground clearance, yeah a 4 inch lift or leveling kit would probably have difficult time making some of the trials here specially the one on my video.

So would you join us this week end? It's only one day: [https://www.f150forum.com/f34/socal-...venture-44449/
Old 02-14-2010, 05:40 PM
This picture scares you

I would love to go but I am stuck at work 7 days a week "until further notice". Can't complain too much, good money for the way things are... Hopefully next run you guys do. Thanks for the invite!!

BTW, great food in Lake of the Woods and Frazier, Mike's Pizza in LOW and Big John's for Denny's type food in Frazier.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:45 PM
U.S.A.F DIRTBOY

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it was a good time for sure. i am out of Vegas not LA, the altitude wasnt that bad. i was winded at the end though. my truck would have made it no problems.. what is so special about Leo's truck??? why you Lafin, Why you Lafin???
Old 02-14-2010, 07:14 PM
This picture scares you

Originally Posted by Mixedbreed
it was a good time for sure. i am out of Vegas not LA, the altitude wasnt that bad. i was winded at the end though. my truck would have made it no problems.. what is so special about Leo's truck??? why you Lafin, Why you Lafin???
Yeah I saw that after I posted LA

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: And Just Some More Fun