Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Ideas and Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Ideas and Advice

I'm too lazy to search the whole site when I have that nice people who will just respond with information I have a 2001 F150 scab and I want a level kit so I can get it a little more dirty than I can get it now. People have told me to just crank my torsion keys but I think I want the RC 2.5" level (will raise my rear an 1" and has new shocks). I want some Goodrich Baja tires for how they look and then they will probably get me out of a hole. I tested out my 4x4 in the fall with a ditch in our local college campus with my buddy. I had no damage but he had mud in his pistons ( Do not know how that happens, but his truck couldnt get up to speed and set him back $1800) a few days later he found he had a blown head gasket. I want a lift but there are risks of stuff breaking like premature wear on on joints. But if my lift is installed correctly will it wear out my truck and cause me to pay for damage i should not be? I am very skeptical of lifts but I love them and need a stance.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as ideas and advice. Think the answers in the question . Yeah lifted trucks can get a little dirtier. And waaaay more attention from the lady's. But it's going to cost. If you've got the cash to go in and do it up proper from the start, you're obviously better off. What I've learned about trucks the bigger/heavier the more maintanence / probs etc.. I recently began modding my truck. 2.5 front lift 35" M/t's intake exhaust tuner. And right now my rear diff is going out. The big sexy tires are def more stress on drivetrain Trans engine.. Is it worth it? I wouldn't go back to stock. I'll keep fighting the battle and taking it easy. I drive offroad regularly . Live 7 miles from pavement. So it can take a toll for sure. But so can city driving... Anyway. Good luck . Def do your homework first ! Or it'll cost you. Don't count on others for advice, but be open to every bit others have to offer. Good luck

Quick Reply: Ideas and Advice