Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Hurricane creek rd NC

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hurricane creek rd NC

Any one else been to Hurricane creek rd? I went yesterday and had fun. I took my truck and some locals told me they would never take my truck down there. I did anyways and it wasn't as bad as they made it out to be. I bottomed out my front end once in a creek on a rock, and bottomed out once on the running boards. I made it 3/4 of the way down the trail till i had to use 4 wheel drive. I used my locker in 2wd twice. To those who haven't been there, there are rocks all over the trail. I had my gf get out and break branches that were sticking out on the trail so it wouldn't scratch my truck or anyone else's. They have places to camp out there. I definitely want to go back with some friends one day and camp. I just have one pick of my truck about to cross a creek. From my recollection i went thru 4 creeks. None were super deep where it would come in your doors. If you have been there let me know how your experience was. Sorry the pic of my truck was blurry. The gf took it while i was pulling up to the creek to park the truck for a picture.
Attached Thumbnails Hurricane creek rd NC-img_2877.jpg   Hurricane creek rd NC-img_2879.jpg  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet man, thanks for posting up. I'll have to check this out. I've been looking for some trails, service roads, or other easy/mild trails I can run in NC in a stock full size fx4. Also sounds like there are places to camp there too. That's a plus.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome. If you get a chance to go post up letting me know how ya liked it.

Quick Reply: Hurricane creek rd NC