Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

High Milage Mud Terrains?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Combat Trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default High Milage Mud Terrains?

I think ive decided to go with a mud terrain instead of an all terrain. but my biggest thing is, i want something im going to get a lot of miles out of, but still decent in the mud. does anyone know of a tire like this? also, im not tryin to pay a ridiculous amount either.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:35 PM
mmmm.....

any mud terrain will not last as long as an all terrain. i personally have had good experrience with BFG, stay away from procomp, and if you do a lot of on road driving, i would go with an A/T.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Firestone Destination M/T. I am going to start running them.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tonkatruck66
any mud terrain will not last as long as an all terrain. i personally have had good experrience with BFG, stay away from procomp, and if you do a lot of on road driving, i would go with an A/T.
^^X2. The BFG AT's will last for a long time and are great tires on and off road!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM
American Pride!!

Check out Buck Shots(maxxis mudders). They ride great and last a good long time and they damn sure dig and pull. And they arent to bad on the wallet.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:18 PM
2006 F-150 5.4 4x4

Originally Posted by swampfishin
Check out Buck Shots(maxxis mudders). They ride great and last a good long time and they damn sure dig and pull. And they arent to bad on the wallet.
Im gonna have to dissagree there.. no offense, but I had those on my ranger, 33's got them brand new, they lasted just over 15000 miles before they looked like car tread. Mine were rotated every oiul change and balanced w/ alignment at 9000. after those tires, I got pro comp mud terrains, 33's, and I felt they were a lot more quiet and I didnt get stuck as much haha. they lasted over 30,000 with tread to spare. HUGE difference.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:58 PM

i had a set of BFG M/T's, the KM's for about 35,000 and they still had tons of tread. I sold them to a friend, then he sold them to someone else, and last i heard they have about 50,000 miles on them and are still on the road. Great off road performance, pretty quiet on the street. Also had pro comp x terrains, a little noisy on road, great off road and still got almost 40K out of them. Currently have pro comp extreme A/T's, to soon to tell mileage wise, but happy with them so far....
Old 01-28-2009, 01:10 PM

bfg a/ts are real nice tires.. if you do alot of highway travel and want to save some money goodyear wrangler silent armors- but they arent as good offroad
Old 01-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tonkatruck66
Why are you recommending stay away from Pro Comp? Is it because they aren't expected to last long? I have Pro Comp MT's on my truck right now and think they are a great tire. Of course I live in Hawaii and do very little driving (I only have 3181 miles on the tires and that's in 7 months) so the tires still are practically brand new and will probably last me about 5 or 6 years at this pace if not a lot longer. They are a very aggressive looking tire (IMO much more aggressive than the BFGs) yet are very quiet on the roads.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by swampfishin

I have the Buckshot Maxxis mudders on my 97 f150..I've put a little over 12,000 miles on them and I honestly cant tell that they've worn any at all..I do any equal amount of onroad/offroad driving and these tires have never left me stranded..EXCELLENT tire in my opinion!

Quick Reply: High Milage Mud Terrains?