Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Good Idea or no?

Old 05-15-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Good Idea or no?

I have a suspension shop offering to sell me a 4in fabtech suspension lift with procomp mxc shocks. He said the guy had it for 6 months before he pulled it of. He wants 1600 for everything installed. good or no?
Old 05-15-2009, 06:44 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

I won't pay more than half the price of new for something used. Plus I do all my own work but installation would be the same cost new or used. It sounds like a good deal as long as you get the warranty too. For me, I'd try to get the kit cheap and install it myself.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:15 PM

That may work, i have a buddy with a lift, its a block lift so that is simple. I can put everything on, but like you said the warranty and everything
Old 05-16-2009, 10:01 PM

fabtech makes a 6" kit for our trucks, not 4". 4" is the pro comp kit. Why the fabtech lift and pro comp shocks?? I would get the details cleared up and find out if this guy even knows what he's talking about. If it were me, i'd want to contact the guy who owns the truck that the lift was originally installed on. For all you know, these parts could have been pulled off a wrecked truck. If everything checks out, then it wouldn't be a bad deal if you can knock some money off that price and just install it yourself. I have the fabtech kit and put it on myself, it was a pretty smooth install. Just download the instructions from their website and follow step by step. If you need to, call fabtech they are very helpful and friendly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good Idea or no?