Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

front end to heavy

Old 03-02-2013, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end to heavy

i am wanting to put a winch on the front of my truck, but, i already have a 150 pound bumper 37s and 1.5 inch coil spacers in the coil which suck by the way i am wondering what can i do to not have my tires rubbing the inner fenders under the load. smaller tires are not a choice.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

You need to go with taller spacers. Just figure out how much the extra weight compresses your front end, then buy the correct spacers to make up the difference.
You can get 'em up to 3".
Conversely, if you want to take the opportunity to switch over to height-adjustable struts or coil-overs, Fox 2.5s will give you the most lift compared to the Billsteins, Pro Comps, and Rancho Quick Lift. The Fox's have damn-near the entire shock body threaded, so you can theoretically raise your front end as much as you have the strength to add the preload to do it.
I started out with 3" Auto Spring spacers, but since I didn't like the way the stock struts road, I installed the Fox 2.5s. They're cranked up to 3" and I could go way more if I felt like snapping brake lines, abs sensor wires, and prolly the vacuum hoses for the hubs.
If you want taller spacers, I'd be happy to sell you my A.S's cheap. The good thing about those is they're offset so your tires don't contact your coil springs.
If you want a better shock/strut, but don't want to spend the money on the Fox 2.5s, you can install spacers on top of the Pro Comps just like you would the stock struts.
The Pro Comps are about as plush-riding as you can find for the F150
I tried these first, but they sacked out down to 1.5" almost immediately. Since I needed 3" to level my truck, that was a no-go. I should've just put the spacers on the PCs like I'm telling you to do, but I went the long way around and ended up with the 2.5s.
I do things the hard way so you don't have to
Old 03-02-2013, 08:13 PM

hey could i even throw 250 front suspension on a half ton
Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 PM

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by foegezach
hey could i even throw 250 front suspension on a half ton
I'm with you on that one. You will be adding more weight and will need stronger springs. Your soft springs will get compressed more over time and you'll be right back to where you started. Then what are you going to do? Put in bigger spacers?
Old 03-02-2013, 10:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Photos of your awesome truck?
Old 03-02-2013, 11:14 PM

thats what im saying twisty do it right the first time never have to worry about it again. with that being said i no there are plenty of sas thread on here and other sites but they tend to drift off into other subjects and never really answer the question. what do i all have to do to do the swap and lets say i already have the axles.

Last edited by foegezach; 03-02-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: front end to heavy