Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Fox Help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 08:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fox Help ASAP

FOX is now closed for the weekend and I need an answer now?

Does anyone know how far to turn down the adjuster nut on a coilover to lower the truck 1.25" Is it porportional to the distance?

I ask because the shocks cannot be adjusted on the truck and have to be taken off and to another shop to compress the springs enough to turn the adjuster nut!

Any FOX Guru's out there please help

Thanks

Old 02-07-2014, 09:32 PM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by FRANK121
FOX is now closed for the weekend and I need an answer now? Does anyone know how far to turn down the adjuster nut on a coilover to lower the truck 1.25" Is it porportional to the distance? I ask because the shocks cannot be adjusted on the truck and have to be taken off and to another shop to compress the springs enough to turn the adjuster nut! Any FOX Guru's out there please help Thanks .
That's silly, the whole point of including the spanner is so you can adjust them.

Lift the front of the truck with a jack to take most of the load off the springs - track exactly how many turns you make and repeat on the other side.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:06 PM

I know its silly! I have jacked the truck up, loosened and even removed the allen head screw on the adjuster nut and have broken off 2 spanner wrenches trying to turn the adjusting nut Now I have had the shop that built My 600hp camaro try and adjust them and they could not turn them either? So off they go to find a spring compressor that will fit between the coils to reduce the tension! This isn't silly it's stupid!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:17 PM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by FRANK121
I know its silly! I have jacked the truck up, loosened and even removed the allen head screw on the adjuster nut and have broken off 2 spanner wrenches trying to turn the adjusting nut Now I have had the shop that built My 600hp camaro try and adjust them and they could not turn them either? So off they go to find a spring compressor that will fit between the coils to reduce the tension! This isn't silly it's stupid!
To lower, wouldn't you loosen the nut to reduce spring preload? It 'should' actually be easier to loosen than tighten - for obvious reasons.

I hate to say it, because you clearly are wanting results this weekend, but I'd wait and deal directly with FOX. Something is almost certainly wrong.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:20 PM

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Did you try any sort of lubricant on the threads before you pulled them out? I had Icon's on my last truck and as long as the suspension was in full droop you could adjust them either way. But there were times when lubricant was necessary to get the ring to move at all. And don't back them off a full 1.25" either as they'd be way too low. Not sure if the suspension on these trucks is a 2:1 ratio, but you'd more than likely be ok with pulling them back 5/8" when you do get them to adjust.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:14 PM

Got it done but had to compress the springs to adjust the nut

Will take pictures tomorrow ... truck now rides awesome but what a bitch

Ended up backing springs down 1" and now both front and rear fenders are at the same height
Old 02-09-2014, 07:47 PM

Did not get any photos taken today because it freakin snowed again

Truck rides awesome and everything looks good ..... I just need bigger tires now

Quick Reply: Fox Help ASAP