Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Dune bashing

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 03:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dune bashing

Gone Dune bashing the previous week end with some friends. We where a group of 22 vehicles varies makes and models to an area called Big Read. It was fun. Had really god time.
Did not get a lot off pix thou my camera battery did on me.
Attached Thumbnails Dune bashing-1.jpg   Dune bashing-dsc00118.jpg   Dune bashing-dsc00119.jpg   Dune bashing-dsc00120.jpg  
Old 01-02-2011, 01:48 PM

Sounds awesome man. Id love to get a big group like that together to go offroading
Old 01-03-2011, 02:39 AM

Fun it was, but the only thing with big groups is there are always some new bees that they think they can do it and venture off the group, get stuck in the stupidest ways and refuse help or they are in front of you and slow down or stop suddenly and get you stuck.
Don’t get me wrong part of the fun in Dune Bashing is getting stuck and finding ways to get out.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Aerospace Engineer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I do something similar here in Michigan at Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Nowhere near as much terrain to run through though. We usually run in a group of 3 to 7, nice and manageable but still enough to get people unstuck.

My favorite WTF event there was when a Mexican on a rented quad asked me how to get out of the ORV area. I pointed to lake Michigan and told him to hit it at top speed and keep the throttle open until he hit Wisconsin. When all he said was "Que?" I pointed to the sign next to him that said "EXIT"

Luckily its all sand, the rocks at the top there look like they could make the day expensive.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:53 AM

That is the only rock in that area. Thou nearby there is another couple of Rock Mountains, it is because we are near Oman Mountains.
The terrains hear is mostly only sand except the area close to Oman Border.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Nice pictures! I'm not too far away in Saudi right now but sadly, I can't do any wheeling...

Quick Reply: Dune bashing