Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Drag Race advice? Is this the correct forum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drag Race advice? Is this the correct forum?

I figured since this was the "off-road" forum, that drag racing on a closed course can be discussed here.

So, I just bought my first truck ever and I bought a:
2012 F-150, 4X2, Crew, leather with ecoboost. I LOVE the truck.....

My boss just bought a:
F-250, 4X4, FX4, Lariat, Crew 6.7L Powerstroke turbo diesel... and he wants to race for $100 haha.

We live just down the street from Bradenton Speedway and It's only $18 to race there. I was talking all kinds of smack to him today and getting him all amped up.

With the provided information, do you think I can win? I'd love to smoke him so I can go back to work and tell everyone lol.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Flatlander

Received 283 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by dcar777
I figured since this was the "off-road" forum, that drag racing on a closed course can be discussed here.

So, I just bought my first truck ever and I bought a:
2012 F-150, 4X2, Crew, leather with ecoboost. I LOVE the truck.....

My boss just bought a:
F-250, 4X4, FX4, Lariat, Crew 6.7L Powerstroke turbo diesel... and he wants to race for $100 haha.

We live just down the street from Bradenton Speedway and It's only $18 to race there. I was talking all kinds of smack to him today and getting him all amped up.

With the provided information, do you think I can win? I'd love to smoke him so I can go back to work and tell everyone lol.
You're lighter with ample torque, he's heavier with BOATLOADS of torque. Straight line- tough call. That power stroke is a monster. I'd like to see it happen
Old 05-07-2012, 10:14 PM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Well if I were you I'd get on the internet and look up some figures and videos for both trucks and see who would be faster. However I'd put my money on the your F150, I've seen what those trucks can do.
If it does happen record it for our viewing pleasure please.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:13 PM
6" fabtech+ 3" leveling

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Rules/advise!

1. Dont hit the wall
2. Dont cross the center line
3. Dont hit the other truck, he is bigger.
4. Dont red light
5. Dont smoke them off the line
6. Dont ever talk about fight club, wait how did that one get in there.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by smurfs_of_war
You're lighter with ample torque, he's heavier with BOATLOADS of torque. Straight line- tough call. That power stroke is a monster. I'd like to see it happen
My thought exactly...... I just don't wanna lose $100 more than anything Haha. He's rich and can afford it. Me, not so much.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:57 AM

Someone sent me a PM and said I should turn off traction control and turn on tow/haul mode..... why tow/haul mode on?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Flatlander

Received 283 Likes on 197 Posts

Someone sent me a PM and said I should turn off traction control and turn on tow/haul mode..... why tow/haul mode on?
More aggressive shifting. It will hold your gears in the power band longer because it's not trying to keep the rpms down for fuel economy.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely wanna see a video of it!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:15 AM

Ok ok ok, It finally happened..... My buddy finally got his boss to let us race on the tiny local air strip by our house. There have been a few changes since my OP.

OP was, both stock trucks.

2012 XLT Ecoboost screw

vs

2012 Lariat F250 6.7L scerw

NOW

F150 SCT Tuned 93

F250 S&H HOT tuned with 4" exhaust.

Off the line we both agreed no 4wd and no power launch. Just brake to gas.

From the start of the race, till the end my F150 beat the F250. The first 40mph were close because the stupid SCT tuner seems to DRAG out the 1-2 shift longer than need be. After i shifted in 2nd, it wasnt even a race anymore.

Of course, now he is upset and is dropping his truck off monday to get a bigger turbo, new down pipes and a custom tune.

He cant stand that my little truck is faster then his.

I DO have to say, his truck sounds SO NASTY with the tune and exhaust. Badass. Sounds like nothing I've ever heard. So sexy.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Iowa Farmer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Ok ok ok, It finally happened..... My buddy finally got his boss to let us race on the tiny local air strip by our house. There have been a few changes since my OP.

OP was, both stock trucks.

2012 XLT Ecoboost screw

vs

2012 Lariat F250 6.7L scerw

NOW

F150 SCT Tuned 93

F250 S&H HOT tuned with 4" exhaust.

Off the line we both agreed no 4wd and no power launch. Just brake to gas.

From the start of the race, till the end my F150 beat the F250. The first 40mph were close because the stupid SCT tuner seems to DRAG out the 1-2 shift longer than need be. After i shifted in 2nd, it wasnt even a race anymore.

Of course, now he is upset and is dropping his truck off monday to get a bigger turbo, new down pipes and a custom tune.

He cant stand that my little truck is faster then his.

I DO have to say, his truck sounds SO NASTY with the tune and exhaust. Badass. Sounds like nothing I've ever heard. So sexy.
Video next time. Double or nothing

Quick Reply: Drag Race advice? Is this the correct forum?