Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Deavers +2 or+3

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 10:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Deavers +2 or+3

Anyone that runs or has run them have any suggestions on a +2 or +3? I know the +2 will eliminate the block and keep stock height and that the +3 will add an inch to the ride height. I read a review somewhere that if you run a +3 and don't have any weight in the bed they are pretty stiff.

I dont tow or even haul more than a couple hundred pounds once in a while so, I'm leaning more towards the 2. Than I start to think about the "better to have and not need" scenario. Thoughts?
Old 07-05-2015, 01:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When you go off-road, do you have anything in the bed?
The reason being, is a spare, recovery gear, tools, and other stuff do add weight. If you plan on keeping the bed empty, the +2 would probably be better for you. If you have stuff in the bed, then the +3 will give you a nice ride, but no sagging in the rear. As far as towing, you could go either way. I do not recommend towing more than the max weight, but you could go with the +2 for the ride height and buy a rpg stage 2 bumpstop kit with 4" bumpstops. They will act as a overload spring and eliminate some sag. Then when you wan to go off-road, put 2" bumps in.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopaloop
When you go off-road, do you have anything in the bed?
The reason being, is a spare, recovery gear, tools, and other stuff do add weight. If you plan on keeping the bed empty, the +2 would probably be better for you. If you have stuff in the bed, then the +3 will give you a nice ride, but no sagging in the rear. As far as towing, you could go either way. I do not recommend towing more than the max weight, but you could go with the +2 for the ride height and buy a rpg stage 2 bumpstop kit with 4" bumpstops. They will act as a overload spring and eliminate some sag. Then when you wan to go off-road, put 2" bumps in.
No, I'm unloaded. Yea, it seems like +2 is the way to go. A bumpstop kit is definitely in the plan. 4" bumpstops huh? They should be pricey?
Old 07-05-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NevaEnough
No, I'm unloaded. Yea, it seems like +2 is the way to go. A bumpstop kit is definitely in the plan. 4" bumpstops huh? They should be pricey?
A 4 inch stroke, not diameter. It really depends how much sag you want while towing or having stuff in the bed. If you don't care if you sag, then you will be ok with a 2" stroke. The only difference between the 2 is the 4" stroke will be in contact more with the axel pad whereas a 2" will ony prevent hard bottoming out. The nice thing about any bumpstop kit is you can change the cans fairly easily. If you have the money, and really care about how much you sag, then get a pair of 2" and 4" and change them out whenever you need the extra towing.
Again, always tow and haul based on your trucks specs. I can't really say a bumpstop will increase your capacity, I can only say it will help stop the sagging.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:33 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I have +3 with two spares in the rear. Works great but could still use more weight.
The following users liked this post:
sigma pi (07-06-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by wOrker
I have +3 with two spares in the rear. Works great but could still use more weight.
Nice truck wOrker! +3 is looking more appealing now. I mean, either way it should ride better than stock no?
Old 07-06-2015, 12:33 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NevaEnough
Nice truck wOrker! +3 is looking more appealing now. I mean, either way it should ride better than stock no?
100x better. I had stock springs on blocks with pro-comp absorbers and I swear it's night and day.

Other than that.. now with bypasses in the back, they make a lot of clickity noises.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:15 PM

Received 328 Likes on 242 Posts

I would go +3 because you can always put in a drop shackle.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the +2. I called Deaver prior to ordering my springs and they said the +2 would put me slightly over stock. Currently my rear sits at ~25" from the center of the wheel to the fender lip.

I asked about a lowering shackle and they advised against it stating it would ruin the pinion angle designed into the spring pack. They ride like a dream compared to the stockers.

I would advise they you make your selection based on ride height you want to get out of them. Loading your truck to lower your ride height/increase compliance is backwards logic. Also as snoop mentioned you can always throw a bump stop kit in there if you wanted to tow/haul a lot of weight. I'm probably going to go with the SVC adjustable one down the road.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:40 PM

Received 328 Likes on 242 Posts

Drop shackle gives you more droop.

Quick Reply: Deavers +2 or+3