Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Cleaning up after muddin!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning up after muddin!

I as wondering what you guys do to clean up/check your truck after playing in some mud, or if you do at all?

Had a bad experience one time, never use to really clean it afterwards until my brakes went out going through a red at an intersection, pretty scary needless to say! Turns out i got some mud in the brake line... Now i thoroughly wash down the undercarriage and check it all out under there to make sure everything is still in working order. Though i leave the mud on exterior for a few days, badge of honor where I'm from!

So, any steps or precautions yall take after some play time?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went mudding. I usually pressure wash underneath with few quarters I have. Then put truck on jack stands and take all tires off and clean up good around the brakes and around the skid plate. I want my truck to last long.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

For me i always do the inside of the rear bumper, it gets filled with mud, and i do the cross members underneath, as well as the holes in the frame, stick the hose in there to clean it all out. Also the bottom of the doors, there's little holes that like to hold dirt.

Last edited by 06screwlariat; 08-28-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
www.sldraftingdesign.com

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Here is how I done my Ranger when i had it, but i am very OCD about a clean truck

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/clean...k-warning.html

I am well known for how clean I keep a truck and how i cleaned my Ranger when i had it on the ranger forums haha. Guess you can see why
Old 08-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Romp It!

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Simple green gets mud off of anything
Old 09-03-2012, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get a lawn sprinkler prefer one that spray side to side, start up front with the hose running down the center under the truck let it spray. sit back have a beer. Pull the hose back as it washes.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Dailydriving300ci-of-fury

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dixie_boysles
Here is how I done my Ranger when i had it, but i am very OCD about a clean truck

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/clean...k-warning.html

I am well known for how clean I keep a truck and how i cleaned my Ranger when i had it on the ranger forums haha. Guess you can see why
Good grief. That's cleaning.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone figured out how to clean up the engine bay? Bit concerned about water with all the electronics. I typically make sure I give the truck a good bath after being in the mud if I am not going to be back in the filth for over a week. If it is real dirty, I like going to a car wash with the wands to get all the mud off.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Rusty Pussy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiteghost
I get a lawn sprinkler prefer one that spray side to side, start up front with the hose running down the center under the truck let it spray. sit back have a beer. Pull the hose back as it washes.

Quick Reply: Cleaning up after muddin!