Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

cheap way to lift a ford

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap way to lift a ford

hey guys, looking to lift my truck on a budget. i have 4" rear blocks kicking around for the rear but what will i need for the front, besides coils obviously. not looking for it to ride like a caddy. just looking to get my front up about 4". thanks for any info or cheap tricks.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think there is a "cheap" way to lift the front 4". A level kit will only get you 2.5" somewhat safely. You'll need to research lift kits and see if the company will remove the rear hardware. Good luck with that.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:44 PM
6" fabtech+ 3" leveling

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

what kind of truck?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:23 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cotequadsport
hey guys, looking to lift my truck on a budget. i have 4" rear blocks kicking around for the rear but what will i need for the front, besides coils obviously. not looking for it to ride like a caddy. just looking to get my front up about 4". thanks for any info or cheap tricks.
1952 ford f100, 1979 ranger f150, or '00 f150? come on give more to recieve more...

Originally Posted by lifted07
what kind of truck?

X2

I would crank the torsion bars and take your factory blocks out and stuff that 4" in there
Old 05-10-2011, 04:37 PM

i was thinking more or less somethin along the lines of mabe adding 3/4 ton coils and spacers or somethin like that. its a 96 and clearly 150 or i wouldnt be on ford"f150" forum.not to mention all the info to my truck is litterly one click away. probably just buy a lift. sorry i asked
Old 05-10-2011, 05:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess if the info was one click away it must be our bad for not searching it out. On the other hand, this forum has sections for Rangers, Super Duties and classic F-series. But that info was one click away, too, so I can't blame you for not knowing that....
Old 05-10-2011, 08:58 PM

just throw those 4 inch blocks in the rear an call it good ahahahah jk jk
yeah its not goin to be that cheap plus if u doin the rear 4 i think u need to do the front 6 inches if im not mistaken
Old 05-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cotequadsport
When lifting a truck the words cheap and safely are almost never together. In your case yes some of us are really short fused on certain subjects. I am not saying its right just saying it is. Sorry you seem to be walking off somewhat angry or aggitated.. Just most people on this forum do not try to do things cheap, cost effective maybe. None of us wants to waste money but none of us wants to be on the highway with someone trying to do cheap brakes or lifts either. Maybe the real question is who makes the best least expensive lift kit for this guy, thats what a forum is for. Sharing knowledge, some of us forget and no one is to blame.. So how about it gentlemen and ladies, cost effective lift kits you have used that may help this guy. What not to do and what to look for?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:29 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Do a body lift if you want a cheap lift.

Your not going to get anything more than 3" of lift without actually getting a lift kit. So decide now. Or get bigger tires, that'd add some height.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 PM
6" fabtech+ 3" leveling

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

honestly the best "cheap" way to lift your f150 is with a jack!!! they normally come with the truck and if it is still stock height then it will work great!!! I have tried to pick up a corner and that **** dont work! the jack is the best way!!!! hahaha seriously though, cost effective is probably the body lift or torsion bars, keys, leveling kit or what ever your truck uses

Quick Reply: cheap way to lift a ford