Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

body lift need to knows 03 crew cab

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body lift need to knows 03 crew cab

i am probably overlooking a active thread but what all needs to be done when doing a body lift like wires steering shaft bumpers and such aside from what comes in the basic kits if anything i have always had mustangs this is my first truck so it will be my first time lifting now lowering something i was looking at the kits that do 3inch body 3inch torsion and blocks kits
Old 10-09-2014, 07:25 PM

Received 78 Likes on 67 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I had a 3" body lift on my 98" f150 and it came with all the necessary hardware to move things, if needed. I believe it came with a steering linkage adapter, brake line drop brackets, front and rear bumper relocation pieces, and I added gap guards to conceal the frame. Most quality body lift kits will come with all of this stuff in the kit except the gap guards. As far as torsion lifts, my buddy did it to his '02 and it rode pretty dang rough. So, fwiw, that's what I've got for you. I know a lot of people will talk trash about body lifts, but luckily with fords, the step bars are attached to the truck and if you put a body lift, the only place you can tell it has a body lift is the rear hitch as there will be a gap between the hitch and bottom of the rear bumper. Also, I was t-boned in my '98 and all of the grade 8 bolts came out after and I sold the body lift to someone else locally! So, they can be safe if done right.

Quick Reply: body lift need to knows 03 crew cab