Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Best and worst day ever!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 12:46 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Best and worst day ever!

I took delivery of a new 2015 F150 XLT 4X4 FX4 with 302A package yesterday! Unfortunately, within one hour of driving out of the dealership downtown Atlanta traffic got the best of me..... I traded in a Ford Focus ST. so it definitely took a little bit of time to get used to the dramatic difference in driving dynamics. A bunch of cars stopped short in front of me, and I just barely clipped the rear bumper of the lady in front of me. Suffice to say, I felt like I got kicked in the stomach. The good news is the damage is minor and will be back at Ford tomorrow to get her fixed up. I know, this thread is useless without pics lol. I'll post up pics once she's fixed because I can't even look at it right now. Anyhow, I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks in anticipation that I would get this truck, and I'm glad to have found what seems to be a great forum! I've been a member of Focusst.org & contour.org in the past and I look forward to the wealth of knowledge I'm sure I'll gain from other members here. On that note, I do have a question in regards to my first mod..... I've decided to go with a leveling kit so that I can in turn put a nicer set of off road tires on. I decided on the Rough County 2.5 level with the 1" rear blocks. My question pertains to the new rear shocks that the kit comes with. It comes with RC N2.0 shocks for the rear. Do I need to use these, or am I better off with the factory shocks that come on the FX4? I'm going to see if Ford can install "if the price is reasonable" while they are repairing the truck. Thank you in advance for any advice!
Old 02-07-2016, 06:26 PM

Received 176 Likes on 139 Posts

Try posting in the 15 section and welcome to the forum

Last edited by the01kingranch; 02-07-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:28 PM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

Wow, sure sorry to hear about your bad luck. As far as leveling, I would choose a front level that produces 2 to 2.5 inches in the front and not raise the rear. Two inches in the front will leave just a touch of rake, and 2.5" will leave you just about dead level. Also the truck will go up 1.5 to 2" across the board with the bigger tires, and that bed starts getting pretty high if you're actually hauling cargo and/or climbing in and out regularly. I went with a Tough Country 2" level which actually gave me a full 2.5. I then installed a Firestone air bag kit to keep it from squatting with a trailer or significant load. When empty I run the bags empty (well, the recommended 5 psi minimum ). Just thinking out loud here. Anyway, I hope you get it fixed quickly and to your satisfaction.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:02 AM
F-150 Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats on the new truck!
Old 02-08-2016, 12:09 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

Howdy! Sorry to hear about the clip, she will survive ��

I've got the same kit for my 2012. I actually asked myself the same question when ordering mine (about the rear shocks) and have heard that the stockers are fine with something as little as an extra inch but ended up just swapping anyway due to the ugliness of my original shocks (they were old cracked and has surface rust). The N2.0 aren't anything special.

Quick Reply: Best and worst day ever!