Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Off-Road Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Banned Forever!
 
OGTerror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to OGTerror
Default Baja Light Bar TLC

Well, today I got possession of my truck once again. Soon as I got home I went right to work. I first removed my winch then prepared the surface of my Baja Light Bar then painted it.

What prompted the TLC was due to the light bar breaking at one point in time, AZFX4 can attest to that. So I had the fellow who welded my muffler to well the break and shove 2 pieces of pipes through the holes to prevent it from breaking again. Now I have a nice and sturdy light bar.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
OGTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
^ drinks KC Tea
5 Year Member
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: maple grove mn
Posts: 2,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

badass man. you beat the **** out of that thing dont ya? lol
__________________

burnout here
Exhaust true duals no cats no mufflers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7Y...e_gdata_player
Other vehicle: 01 2500hd 6" lift 35s 8.1 vortec with an Allison
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
December 2009 TOTM!
 
AZFX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

That looks hella good! Ya that thing was made cheaply in my opinion. They used such thin steel right there, dumb idea.

I hope it holds up, I can't believe you still offroaded with it broken??? That was hilarious, we were going to use my belt but we used his 30ft tow strap to hold it together. HAHA!!
__________________
<a href=http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv85/TheLoudestSilenceF150/Az1copy.jpg target=_blank><font color=#003399>http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...50/Az1copy.jpg</font></a>

HEY RICER, useless wings are for penguins!

Last edited by AZFX4; 02-05-2010 at 12:22 AM.
AZFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
BLC
Senior Member
 
BLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valencia, Ca.
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Looks great... Now if u could figure out how to do that to the rollcage on the inside of my truck it would be fantastic. It needs some tlc as well lol
__________________
Bad ***** girls drive bad ***** Fords
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
December 2009 TOTM!
 
AZFX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
Looks great... Now if u could figure out how to do that to the rollcage on the inside of my truck it would be fantastic. It needs some tlc as well lol
What's wrong with the rollcage?
__________________
<a href=http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv85/TheLoudestSilenceF150/Az1copy.jpg target=_blank><font color=#003399>http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...50/Az1copy.jpg</font></a>

HEY RICER, useless wings are for penguins!
AZFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #6
BLC
Senior Member
 
BLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valencia, Ca.
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGTerror View Post
Well, today I got possession of my truck once again. Soon as I got home I went right to work. I first removed my winch then prepared the surface of my Baja Light Bar then painted it.

What prompted the TLC was due to the light bar breaking at one point in time, AZFX4 can attest to that. So I had the fellow who welded my muffler to well the break and shove 2 pieces of pipes through the holes to prevent it from breaking again. Now I have a nice and sturdy light bar.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
There's nothoing wrong with the cage itself... Just needs a new paint job. Has chips and scratches all over it and certain area never got fully painted. Whoever did it did a half ***** job. That light bar on the other hand looks band new
__________________
Bad ***** girls drive bad ***** Fords
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 AM   #7
^ drinks KC Tea
5 Year Member
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: maple grove mn
Posts: 2,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

pay for my trip and ill fix it for ya i wouldnt mind visiting the warm weather haha
__________________

burnout here
Exhaust true duals no cats no mufflers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7Y...e_gdata_player
Other vehicle: 01 2500hd 6" lift 35s 8.1 vortec with an Allison
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:46 AM   #8
December 2009 TOTM!
 
AZFX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
There's nothoing wrong with the cage itself... Just needs a new paint job. Has chips and scratches all over it and certain area never got fully painted. Whoever did it did a half ***** job. That light bar on the other hand looks band new
Hmmmm.. That's a hard 1. It would take forever but they make paint pens.. I don't think I'd trust trying to cover the interior and spray painting it risking getting paint on the seats and such.
__________________
<a href=http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv85/TheLoudestSilenceF150/Az1copy.jpg target=_blank><font color=#003399>http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...50/Az1copy.jpg</font></a>

HEY RICER, useless wings are for penguins!
AZFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
BLC
Senior Member
 
BLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valencia, Ca.
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpomerleau View Post
pay for my trip and ill fix it for ya i wouldnt mind visiting the warm weather haha
Ha. If I had money for that, I would just take it to the professionals. Nothing personal
__________________
Bad ***** girls drive bad ***** Fords
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #10
This picture scares you
 
camstng66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Land of small dogs
Posts: 1,755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Had to repaint the roll cage in my Cobra, did it personally and it turned out real bad. Realized at that point that I am not a paint and body guy... Gotta cover the whole interior (everything!!!) sand the cage pretty smooth and then know what you are doing with the paint (that would not be me).
__________________
We know exactly where one cow with Mad-cow-disease is located among the millions and millions of cows in America, but we haven't got a clue as to where thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located. Maybe we should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of immigration.
If you can read this, you are cool!!!!
camstng66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:05 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
baja claws cleeman99 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 21 09-14-2009 10:20 PM
Anyone run Baja ATZs? wilm88 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 0 05-29-2009 09:14 PM
Baja Champions Light Mount 2xsrc 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 3 12-21-2008 06:01 PM
Baja Atz brodystephens 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 2 01-28-2008 08:00 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.