Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Awesome Off-Road oriented weekend.... bunch o pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 01:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Awesome Off-Road oriented weekend.... bunch o pics

This weekend was by far the best weekend ive had in a long time. it all started Friday night with a LAPD ride along in Mission area in the San Fernando valley. unrelated to off-roading but was awesome nun the less. then after three hours of sleep me and two other friends drove up to Barstow (Stoddard wells OHV area) for the MORE Powder Puff. For those of you who dont know the what the powder puff is, its a desert race for all the females involved in the desert racing community, friends and family of drivers take there stuff out and have a blast raising money for breast cancer awareness. i was lucky to find out a week ago that one of my friends co-workers is good friends with Scott and Bob Steinberger aka the Weatherman, so we were able to hang out in their pits for the race. Bobs new wife and another women from the group raced Bob's Buggy and sadly wrecked on the second lap. they were going to race in Scott's really nice prerunner but he blew the engine the day before.

After that great day of racing we went to the Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo at the Fairplex in Pomona. Was a great show but smaller than previous years. the crappy economy probably doesnt help... haha saw some awesome trucks, buggies, jeeps, bikes and more. snapped a few photo's then spotted the new SUPER CREW RAPTOR! was so excited to finally see it in person. was so awesome and scored a cool raptor hat but was unfortunately to small for my head haha either way its a great souvenir. Overall this weekend was AWESOME!

Weatherman's Buggy... didnt get a before shot but it is in the new Dezert People 8 Movie.

Close up of the damage.

Scott Steinberger's F-150 Prerunner. Had some HUGE King 4.0 coilovers in the front. he raced it recently in the Mexican 1000. sounded kinda unfair haha.

Nicest F-150 prerunner ive seen. fully caged, 4x4, lariat. i think it had a Brenthel Industries LT. super clean.

Camburg Kinetik Trophy Truck.

Sickets F-150 prerunner i have ever seen. inside and out this thing was ready to race and win. not sure what he had under the hood but im sure it was great.

Brenthel Industries 09-11 body style Prerunner.

SUPER CREW RAPTOR!

Other side

Engine Shot

Last edited by TSmith; 10-11-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Jimbooo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are some sweet trucks. That white f150 is so nice for a new body (its the brenthal LT btw) The raptor looks kind of wrong to me. Looks so long but I'd like to see it in person.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:49 AM

my bad get those two confused sometimes for some odd reason haha. i thought so to in the begging but seeing it in person changed my mind haha.hows yours comin man?
Old 10-11-2010, 03:29 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Sick trucks.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Very cool. sounds like it was a blast.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:32 AM

Yea the four door raptor doesnt look quite right.. And i would do anything for one.. I really just want the 6.2 for my truck.. =SIICCKK
Old 10-12-2010, 08:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nasty PreRunners!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know what suspension that white Lariat with Brenthel long travel was running on the back?
Old 12-12-2011, 06:31 PM

the lariat was pearl.. haha but it is a custom deaver leaf sprung rear with 16in 3.0 sway aways. the front is a 4x4 brenthel kit. fully caged roush supercharged 5.4 motor. the rear is a gmr full built housing. the motor blew up a few months back. and the reason i know so much about this truck is because i helped build it for 2 years.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:41 PM

Quick Reply: Awesome Off-Road oriented weekend.... bunch o pics