Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

97 f150xlt white. 99 problems And i dont want any.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 f150xlt white. 99 problems And i dont want any.

Ok so here's the deal: I bought a 97 xlt ford with a 4.6l v8 4x4. Some of the weakest mods, the cheapest accessories. Chrome door handles etc. Anyway it's mine now. It has 164k on it but runs like a beast. Def a trucks truck. Few things wrong I would like to rectify. Clutch loses pressure so I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say it wasn't bled right. So ill bleed the master clutch to see if I can diagnose the problem which I'm praying its not the slave bc I really don't wanna yank the tranny. Next. Full tune up. From the wheels up. There's some shady electric wiring in the can that I have to address. The gauge cluster barely lights up. The tweeters aren't wired in. Ill have to re clip down everything inside and tack the headlight back up in the front. Change brakes. Replace any non serviceable lines. It's thrownn a code saying I'm misfiring in the 8 cylinders so ill have to fix that. A/c resistor blower motor. Real seals and diff. Might as well do front main seal gasket while I'm at it. The kid I got it from put projector headlights in it but no boxes so ill have to finish that too. The steering wheel has cruise and a few button options that don't work along with wiring mishaps in the cab. Gotta take a class on electrical/harnesses and get the done. Prob on the not so important side replace the power steering pump. I'm not rich. Just making a list. I do need 8000k conversion kit if anybody has a connect for one. Lastly I will be putting on my 6" rough country suspension lift. It sits on 33" Mickey thompsons baja MT'Z. Perfect shape. But I really need some help. And where I should start first. Any information would be greatly Appreciated. Thank. TJ
Old 06-29-2013, 05:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn thats a lot of electrical problems. Good Luck Man!
Old 06-29-2013, 05:48 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Boy it sounds like most of next weekend is taken up I suggest you start with the misfire and clutch and then move to the less critical items as time and money dictate

Quick Reply: 97 f150xlt white. 99 problems And i dont want any.