Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

4x4 conversion

Old 03-21-2009, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 conversion

how do i convert my automatic 94 xl 2wd into a manual 4x4?
Old 03-21-2009, 03:12 PM
3wV

Find all the bell housing and internal guts like the fork an pivot pin. Find the clutch pedal and all that is lockout to start and the CEL is going to grade your mod with a few automatic transmission codes on the dash.
Yes, it can be done if you can hack the wires and put up with your new dash code face.

I run 8 hacked codes and you think I care about a gear change with out reading anything I used to have as a convenience like my battery voltage? You want to mod the modern car/truck, go right ahead, it can work but is a headache if you do not get the wiring correct.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:28 PM

how can i learn to hack those codes?and does it matter that my trucks got an i6.where can i get step by step instructions or atleast something near to them on doing this.btw thanx man.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

You would need the transmission, transfer case, clutch, flywheel, crossmember, driveshafts, front axle, transmission floor plate, shifter, clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder, and anything else I may be forgetting. The truck will run fine but the check engine light will stay on because the computer won't receive signals from the automatic that isn't there anymore, but you can get the computer from a manual equipped truck with the same engine to solve that.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:14 AM

so does that include the things i need to go 5 speed and 4x4? is that what the crossmember driveshafts and axle are for.thanx alot man..
Old 03-22-2009, 09:41 PM
We'd do it

Yes, that list is for both. Also, there's a transfer case shift lever floor plate too.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:39 AM

where would i look for that stuff.a yard ,and also im not exactly mechanicly inclined,what kinda place would i go to get that done?thanx agen dude
Old 03-23-2009, 01:17 AM
3wV

Originally Posted by MiamiJoe150
how can i learn to hack those codes?.btw thanx man.
Hey, anytime. Look, they might be closing me down is I could get you up and running hacking codes. But I have a moderator on my rear end wanting me to keep the crap down.

See me name? Follow the hacker is crack you up. I do not put up with any moderators groupthinking for you. So, I have a fan that PM'd me and he might see my posts vanish. Not my doing mind you.

Tell me how to post tech, ECM and hacking is very long and boring theory to get you there. That is why I am long and drawn out is this is way to technical for me to say do this and that is you do not LEARN with moderators killing the teachers like the afghan teleban is rule number one = Kill the Teachers!

I'll teach you to hack is fast track you or learn the slow way by reading all that is a lot of nothing that are not grouped in the fundamentals to get you there. Moderators do not like the way I post. I have 34 passwords banned from other websites speaking high tech chit just like di**** here.

Are moderators teaching you to hack? I didn't think so. Let me know if you wanna hack the computer my way is no other way I know. This is your thread. The moment the walk does not follow the factory service manual, I more or less ask where that information came from and I look the bully? Rember that, moderator!

I will just ask you to get it correct if you want to speak computer generics.
ASK SEAN if the power seats and power windows come with the cheap seats more or less a roll up window and one lever throws the bench forward is that 5-speed gear box is ECM gonna have that power antenna in the works too?

So, right there, I do not see Sean as a computer hacker when you can use the one you have is called hacking what you have. Can match a standard trans cheap seats wire harness or do you think they bean count with the miles of wire saved that uses no gear box to move the seat 6 different ways.

Do I look the bully or did I ask to think before you tech the chit out.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:08 AM
We'd do it

3wV, I still have no idea what you are trying to say but I do see my name in there a few times. I don't know if you're trying to rip on me or what, but it's funny as hell. Your posts are good for entertainment value. There's no need to go through the trouble or expense of trying to hack the computer when a factory stock one can be bought for less than $100 to do the same job. Now if there were performance mods going on with the engine then the trouble of reprogramming the computer may be worth it since a factory one can't be purchased for that job.

MiamiJoe, if you're not doing this conversion yourself then it would be cheaper for you to sell your current truck and buy one equipped how you want it. The cost for the parts and the installation would exceed the cost of the truck already equipped like you want it. If you shopped around for the parts and installed them yourself then it would be cheaper than buying another truck. I could get all those parts around here for $300-$400 from the u-pull-it place, but a regular junkyard could want in excess of $1000 for everything.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by 3wV
Do I look the bully or did I ask to think before you tech the chit out.
Neither, You look like a jackass who may have all the computer intellect in the world but could not explain how to accurately press an enter key on a keyboard without jumbling it up and adding a whole bunch of extra nonsence.

Crap, my head hurts from trying to understand the Tsudo-English that post was typed in.

Sean- your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully either 3wV sobers up or learns to speak so he can explain that post. It might contain some useful information. MIGHT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4x4 conversion