Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

4wd Turning

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 4wd Turning

I've tried to look but it keeps telling me it cant find anything.

What I'd like to know is how hard or sharp can i turn while in 4wd?

I never really got to use it in 4wd much because of work but its gonna be raining this weekend, im getting my new MTs in in a day or two, so I'll be out and trying it "hardcore" for the first time. But I'm not sure whats a safe point or breaking point in turning with in in either 4 lo or 4 hi. Or does it even matter? I'm asking on behalf of both dry ground and in mud/offroad terrain if that matters.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The only thing that might limit you is if the new tires rub at full lock. And it might under steer a little when turning on a slick surface. But other than that you shouldn't have anything to worry about
Old 01-08-2014, 10:42 PM

Nothing isnt gonna have to much stress on it on the front end turning it to sharp?

EDIT: I know about the tires rubbing ful lock, I've read up on that. but what Im concerned about is any parts. I dont quite remember fully, but a while back - way before i got my 4x4 - I seen someone say not to turn to sharp in 4wd. Thats why I'm asking. IDK if that was true or not

Last edited by NüMetal; 01-08-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:48 PM

I also just read your info on your truck. what kind of HIDs you got? I was thinking retro solution or ddmtuning. i read both are good, but retro better with service.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Junkyard Crusader

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NüMetal
Nothing isnt gonna have to much stress on it on the front end turning it to sharp?

EDIT: I know about the tires rubbing ful lock, I've read up on that. but what Im concerned about is any parts. I dont quite remember fully, but a while back - way before i got my 4x4 - I seen someone say not to turn to sharp in 4wd. Thats why I'm asking. IDK if that was true or not
As long as you're not on concrete or anything similar you'll be fine, I wouldn't gun it while at full lock for extended periods of time, but you should be good
Old 01-11-2014, 11:00 AM

Alright cool, thank yall for the answers. Putting my tires on today!!

Quick Reply: 4wd Turning