Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

4WD Troubles...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WD Troubles...

So i went out mudding this weekend in my 1999 4x4 and had to use the 4WD a couple times. The 4WD was working good untill i got to a straight away that was about a foot or so of mud and water and halfway through it I decided to put it in 4WD cuz it was getting hard to get through but the 4WD did not engage. Luckily I was able to slowly pull out in 2wd but was pissed that the four wheels didnt engage. I got to some pavement and kept trying ffor about 10mins to get it to engage but it wouldnt, no matter if i engaged it while in park or neutral or trying to reverse into. I was kinda mad so I went home and after about 40 mins I went out to try it and sure enough it went sraight into 4WD. Anybody know what could be the problem?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:43 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Vaccume problem some where maybe...but could be several things...Could just be one of those wierd things. Has it happened more than once?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no this was the first time. I got it late last year in october so I havent been off roading with it too much. and I just got my new mud tires on it so that was the first time i got in the deep stuff. but it always worked when i needed it to get through a snow bank or something real quick in the winter....

Quick Reply: 4WD Troubles...