Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

4in lift vs 2.5in lift on 33s

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4in lift vs 2.5in lift on 33s

Well I just bought my first pickup and I figured I better go to the experts and figure out my options on starting my first build.

I have a 1993 Ford F-150 and I know I gotta take care of my priorities first, by purchasing a lift and tires. I've heard if you go with a 4in your going to have steering problems along with numerous minor adjustments to compensate for the extra height. I know for sure I wanna put 33in tires on but I'm just not sure if it is going to be more work with the 4in lift compared to a 2.5 and am I going to see a significant difference in the total height of the rig.

Really appreciate any comments you guys leave me!
Old 11-30-2015, 12:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AALEXANDER94
Well I just bought my first pickup and I figured I better go to the experts and figure out my options on starting my first build.

I have a 1993 Ford F-150 and I know I gotta take care of my priorities first, by purchasing a lift and tires. I've heard if you go with a 4in your going to have steering problems along with numerous minor adjustments to compensate for the extra height. I know for sure I wanna put 33in tires on but I'm just not sure if it is going to be more work with the 4in lift compared to a 2.5 and am I going to see a significant difference in the total height of the rig.

Really appreciate any comments you guys leave me!

Congrats on your new Truck!
I have a 2014 F150 with a 4inch lift and Toyo RT 33's and I have had no problems at all with the steering or anything else for that matter. It rides like stock but has more ground clearance and preforms a lot better off road.
It might be more work to do a 4inch lift kit and I understand why you wouldn't want to go with one. But, if you have money to spend and you don't want to with a lift, I recommend going with a King, Icon or Fox level in the front.
That said, you can't really go wrong with either of those options since ground clearance improves once you mount those 33's.
Hope this helped.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sicknick
Congrats on your new Truck!
I have a 2014 F150 with a 4inch lift and Toyo RT 33's and I have had no problems at all with the steering or anything else for that matter. It rides like stock but has more ground clearance and preforms a lot better off road.
It might be more work to do a 4inch lift kit and I understand why you wouldn't want to go with one. But, if you have money to spend and you don't want to with a lift, I recommend going with a King, Icon or Fox level in the front.
That said, you can't really go wrong with either of those options since ground clearance improves once you mount those 33's.
Hope this helped.
Yeah man I appreciate it! Thank you. I'm pretty sure I'll have a professional do it just to be safe. Now I just have to save up a little more!

Quick Reply: 4in lift vs 2.5in lift on 33s