Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

3-4" lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3-4" lift

I am looking at doing an appearance package (company and personal vehicle) and am undecided on lift options. I have seen some pretty awesome setups, one in particular that I believe was an Icon lift. However, I don't know if I really need a $2500 kit when crazy articulation for serious off roading isnt likely in my future. I also dont want to go with whats "cheap" just to be cheap. I've heard that rough country is popular because they are cheap. To my understanding, my fx4 has a more off road designed setup than xlt, others. I would like an equivalent or improvement in handling, relative durability. I also want to know what I can do to get a decent stance improvement. I've heard adapters are better than spacers. I definitely dont want any camber issues. Mine has the 20" wheels, do I may be able to get by with them , possibly powdercoated. Just don't know who has used the stock wheels with adapters, spacers. I'm a truck noob, so I apologize for unnecessary questions. Occasional off road driving capable but not rock crawling by any means. Thanks
Old 01-18-2016, 01:24 PM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

It will come down to your overall goal and what you want to spend!

We have our upgraded Boxed upper arm and King Coilover package available but like you mentioned already, you are unsure if you need a $2500 kit.

Upgrading the Upper arm and swapping in a nice set of Coilovers greatly improves your suspension and performance.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks

JT
The following users liked this post:
sigma pi (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 100 Likes on 88 Posts

Jt what does that kit run? Are those 2.5.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by jtnuge
Jt what does that kit run? Are those 2.5.
Yes, those are 2.5's.

Sent you a PM.

JT
Old 01-18-2016, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Kits
It will come down to your overall goal and what you want to spend!

We have our upgraded Boxed upper arm and King Coilover package available but like you mentioned already, you are unsure if you need a $2500 kit.

Upgrading the Upper arm and swapping in a nice set of Coilovers greatly improves your suspension and performance.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks

JT
That looks gorgeous. Someone walk me through the practical and functional tiers of $400 kits to this beast you listed. A lot of brands, options and I'm looking to budget in some decals for work, wheels and tires.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:09 PM

Our Boxed arm design provides a durable replacement upper arm giving your truck 50% more wheel travel over stock when pairing with an extended length bolt in aftermarket Shock. We use Trophy Truck grade uniballs to replace the weak stock balljoints to give you maximum performance in the dirt with your 2WD or 4WD Colorado. Going with any inexpensive kit can max out your ball joint and also cause premature wear on other components.

Quick Reply: 3-4" lift