Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2wd coil spring question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd coil spring question

I have an 01 F150 with a 2.5" leveling kit and I was wondering if I could add a 2" coil spring, or would I have to change the control arms or anything else? I want just a little bit more lift, just so I am as tall as a 4x4. Thanks guys
Old 02-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

Is the leveling kit a spring spacer? If yes, in theory it could work, and I actually want to do it for my truck too, but I'm sorry I can't give you any sort of answer
Old 03-28-2011, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piracy 23
I have an 01 F150 with a 2.5" leveling kit and I was wondering if I could add a 2" coil spring, or would I have to change the control arms or anything else? I want just a little bit more lift, just so I am as tall as a 4x4. Thanks guys
The biggest spacer I've seen is a 2" so I'm not sure where you got a 2.5" but it probably says on there "only for use with aftermarket upper control arms".
You can only lift the front 2"s before you start eating ball joints and cant get the suspension aligned.
You cant use both a spacer and lift coils unless the combined height increase <2"s.
You need aftermarket upper control arms if you want to go higher than that.
Look into a spindle lift. It'll give you 3 more inches of lift without messing with any suspension geometry.

Quick Reply: 2wd coil spring question