Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2014 4x4 leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 07:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2014 4x4 leveling kit

I just purchased a new F-150 supercab STX 4x4 and was wondering if anyone knows from EXPERIENCE a good inexpensive leveling kit not a lift kit. I'm not interested in putting bigger tires and wheels on it, at least not until it actually need tires anyways. The wife will be doing most of the driving so I need something that doesn't ruin the ride quality.
Thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 10:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

your only option is a spacer right now. ford made a change to the lower control arm and the mounting point for the coil over is now different. all of the aftermarket companies are playing catch up. spacer is cheap and will not change ride and sounds like you won't be wheeling so this might be all you need.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:54 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Levelling kits will all hurt your ride quality unless you lower the back end to meet the front because they all lower your suspension travel.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:32 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sportster07
Levelling kits will all hurt your ride quality unless you lower the back end to meet the front because they all lower your suspension travel.
they do not reduce suspension travel.... They reduce down travel but not up travel. I would get rancho quick lift struts. For like 400 dollars you get 2 inches of lift upfront on new shocks and springs.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by warriorsfan177
they do not reduce suspension travel.... They reduce down travel but not up travel. I would get rancho quick lift struts. For like 400 dollars you get 2 inches of lift upfront on new shocks and springs.
They don't make them for the 2014. Almost no one has stuff for the '14 yet.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:02 AM

rancho and bilstein both told me june is when the updated front shock/coil over will be on the market, fox told me early may. i see a lot of crap posts on this site with bad information, including this thread already. a top plate spacer will lower your stock coil over, this will not affect ride quality, it will however allow your cv axles to travel beyond the manufactureres intended range. this is where a coil over assembly is better as they are not usually much longer, this is where reduced travel comes from, new coil overs will be stiffer and offer better handling on and off road while also not wearing your cv joints as quickly because they don't allow for such over extension as simply pushing things down.

i'm currently running a spacer since there are no coilovers, they look fine but the stock suspension is pretty soft for my liking, can't wait for fox to get on the market!
Old 04-09-2014, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by bzzr2
rancho and bilstein both told me june is when the updated front shock/coil over will be on the market, fox told me early may. i see a lot of crap posts on this site with bad information, including this thread already. a top plate spacer will lower your stock coil over, this will not affect ride quality, it will however allow your cv axles to travel beyond the manufactureres intended range. this is where a coil over assembly is better as they are not usually much longer, this is where reduced travel comes from, new coil overs will be stiffer and offer better handling on and off road while also not wearing your cv joints as quickly because they don't allow for such over extension as simply pushing things down. i'm currently running a spacer since there are no coilovers, they look fine but the stock suspension is pretty soft for my liking, can't wait for fox to get on the market!
Thanks for the good info
Old 04-09-2014, 04:28 PM

no problem, by the sounds of things if you are willing to wait for a coil over and don't want to be over 2 inches for your level i would suggest waiting for the rancho quick lifts since these are ride adjustable, softer or firmer depending on your wifes preference! if you like the ride now and are happy with it a top plate spacer will get the job done right away.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by bzzr2
no problem, by the sounds of things if you are willing to wait for a coil over and don't want to be over 2 inches for your level i would suggest waiting for the rancho quick lifts since these are ride adjustable, softer or firmer depending on your wifes preference! if you like the ride now and are happy with it a top plate spacer will get the job done right away.
I'll probably just go with the spacers. The truck is only going to be driven 5-7 times a month and will only get a max of 33" tires so not too worried about the quick lifts and ride adjustment. Just would like it to be close to factory ride comfort and look level.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Just order a 2" or 2.5" AutoSpring leveling kit off eBay like thousands of other people for $85 and be done. Unless you wanna wait for the aftermarket companys to catch up and order some of them.

Wayne

Quick Reply: 2014 4x4 leveling kit