Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2011 XL F150 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 XL F150 2wd

Hey guys I have a 2011 F150 XL 2wd 3.7L v6 FF. I am looking at adding some things onto it after I get back from my deployment. I've been looking at 3" lift kits,mud tires/rims, exhaust, superchargers, turbos, ECU chips, etc. the only problem I have is that I am not a complete grease monkey and don't really know what to look for when it comes to brands and which ones are good for their prices. I want to lift it about 3" and add some good off-roading tires/rims to it. I also plan on beefing some stuff under the hood as well. So if there is anybody else out there that has or had the same truck and did some upgrades to it that worked and turned out great please let me know or give me some tips.

Also if you guys know of any websites I can look at that has great products that would be great! <br />
<br />
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 2011 XL F150 2wd-image.jpg  

Last edited by Jrmedina423; 03-31-2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Info.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a members build thread on this site if you go into that thread and use the (search this thread) button on the right you can type in 2011 XL or something like that and see what other members have done to their trucks. Thanks for fighting for our country, stay safe over there.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:13 PM

Thank you for your support. I appreciate the tip as well, I'll go through and see what I can find.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:52 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

I'd leave it sit the way it sits now. It's 2 wheel drive and it looks real good. You could add some muscle under the hood and have something real sharp looking that performs well.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:07 AM

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

ProCharger makes a supercharger for the 3.7 in the mustang and I'm sure could be made to fit the F-150's. That would be a wicked little street machine, like an Ecoboost of sorts.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In not sure of engine specs of Ecoboost but what about getting a turbo off a Ecoboost and modifying it to fit yours? But I think the ecoboost is a 3.5L and yours is a 3.7L not sure if it would make a big difference to put on...?
Old 04-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Received 77 Likes on 33 Posts

Since you are a 2wd guy in the southwest, I would highly recommend looking into baja kits or some of the other mid travel/long travel suspension kits that those companies offer and going the pre-runner route with your truck.

I think that you would be a lot happier with your trucks off road performance if you went this route, since instead of using spacers and such, you can actually add useable suspension travel that will make your truck a blast in the desert.
A full long travel or kit travel kit will run about 3-5k but its money well spent when you can hit dirt roads and whoops at 80mph.

if you're looking for a more economical lift thats more for looks, I'd suggest getting their spindle lift (they have a group buy and will give discounts to forum members). that will lift the front of your truck 4-6 inches the right way and increase your suspension performance, without spacers or cheap suspension components. it only costs $700 (plus whatever blocks you use for the rear so about 800 total) making it the cheapest and best way to lift a 2wd truck.

good luck with your build and thank you for your service!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:20 PM

you might want to check out this thread as well:
https://www.f150forum.com/f34/mid-tr...thread-224051/
Old 04-01-2014, 05:47 PM

Avvblanc01: thanks for the info, it really helped. I'm gunna take a look at the Baja kits first because of the environment, but I also live in the Gila Forest area so it's like 60/40. 60% being forest and rock trails and the other 40% being sand areas. Just depends on where the road takes you. So I want to be able to at least make it through the sand and some rocky terrains.

I was also looking into Lockers. Hear it was the best upgrade you do to a 2wd for off-roading?? Any suggestions or related experiences with these produces?
Old 04-01-2014, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jrmedina423
Avvblanc01: thanks for the info, it really helped. I'm gunna take a look at the Baja kits first because of the environment, but I also live in the Gila Forest area so it's like 60/40. 60% being forest and rock trails and the other 40% being sand areas. Just depends on where the road takes you. So I want to be able to at least make it through the sand and some rocky terrains.

I was also looking into Lockers. Hear it was the best upgrade you do to a 2wd for off-roading?? Any suggestions or related experiences with these produces?
Any long travel kit that works in the desert will be awesome on the rocks too but for either one lockers are a must!
Id propably go for a simple e-locker but youll notice a major increase in driveability with that! Huge difference over an open diff.
Your local 4wheel parts should offer a good re-gear and locker for you if you give them a call. Time it right with one of their sales and youll be able to get an awesome deal!
How much are you looking to spend in total?

Quick Reply: 2011 XL F150 2wd