Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2011 f150 fx4 tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2011 f150 fx4 tires

yes i know that there is a million and one forms out there for this but i have been reading for 3 days now and i am not lieing about the 3 days part cause i have been stuck at home taking care of my wife after surgery so i have nothing better to do .... sorry about the rambling now back to point

i have already installed a 2.5" level kit to my 2011 f150 fx4 screw
this didnt go as easy as everyone said it would but never the less it is installed and looks great
but now we have snow and i am running bald tires so time for tires

from what i have read i can go with tires that range form 275/65r18 or 32ish/10.5ish R18 all the way to 315/70r18 or 35ish/12.5ish R18

now there is no one who can answer really what i can do so i am in need of despite help
what size can i put on a 2011 F150 FX4 screw with a 2.5" level

this is mainly a dd but i do work construction so most of the sites i work on are mud pits but as this is a dd i wont be trail driving so i dont know if i have to take articulation into acount

my hope is to put as close to a 35 as i can on the truck cause well im a 6'4 big boy and dont mind the height

but for the love of god dont tell me about you truck if it is not a 2011 or up cause the body and molding is completely different so what will work on a 2010 is different than a 2011 i know this cause my tire guy had to put a 4" lift on his truck to fit 35s and we measured adn i seams that i can fit the 35s but i want to hear it from people who have dont this already

if you could post pics too

thanks for any response
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2012 F150 is on a 2.5inch Rough Country leveling kit and im running 33/12.50/20 mud grapplers no rubbing at all. I have been told I can run 35s no problems.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks ecoboost2012 for the quick response and the truck look great
Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

I have a '12 and with a leveling kit I put on 305/65/18s or 33"x12". It still will rub when in reverse with the wheel cranked to one side or the other, but I have just the right amount of space in my wheel wells so it looks 'normal'. I've seen guys throw on the biggest size they can possibly squeeze in there, and IMO it looks like total crapola. They've got ZERO clearance, so just hitting a speed bump they're gonna rub something. Any compression AT ALL, and the tires are gonna be hitting something. Don't understand making your truck look like you got the tires but couldn't afford the lift, but everyone's got their own likes and dislikes.
You didn't mention which wheels you have, so I'll assume you have OE's. You'll need to watch your inside clearance using those, and frankly they're only 8 or 8.5" wide anyway, so putting a 35x12.50 on them will make the tire(s) bulge in the middle, as the beads will be pulled too far inside, resulting in the 'bubble' look. You'll also lose service life with tires installed on too-narrow wheels as well.
There's a tire calculator on here, and I suggest you look at 33" x 11.x' sizes.
Just punch in the size of a tire you're looking at -i.e. 275/70/18(most of 'em are metric now days)- and the calculator will spit out the 'translation'(good 'ole USA 'Standard' measurement). i.e. 33.2" tall 10.8" wide 7.6" section height-which btw, is the size I STRONGLY advise you to look at(275/65/18). It'll give you the height you want, and its width is close to stock, so you won't have any rubbing issues.
Here's the tire size calculator I use: http://www.4wheelparts.com/aux_incl/tire_calculator.htm
Old 11-30-2012, 07:32 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by yokev
I have a '12 and with a leveling kit I put on 305/65/18s or 33"x12". It still will rub when in reverse with the wheel cranked to one side or the other, but I have just the right amount of space in my wheel wells so it looks 'normal'. I've seen guys throw on the biggest size they can possibly squeeze in there, and IMO it looks like total crapola. They've got ZERO clearance, so just hitting a speed bump they're gonna rub something. Any compression AT ALL, and the tires are gonna be hitting something. Don't understand making your truck look like you got the tires but couldn't afford the lift, but everyone's got their own likes and dislikes.
You didn't mention which wheels you have, so I'll assume you have OE's. You'll need to watch your inside clearance using those, and frankly they're only 8 or 8.5" wide anyway, so putting a 35x12.50 on them will make the tire(s) bulge in the middle, as the beads will be pulled too far inside, resulting in the 'bubble' look. You'll also lose service life with tires installed on too-narrow wheels as well.
There's a tire calculator on here, and I suggest you look at 33" x 11.x' sizes.
Just punch in the size of a tire you're looking at -i.e. 275/70/18(most of 'em are metric now days)- and the calculator will spit out the 'translation'(good 'ole USA 'Standard' measurement). i.e. 33.2" tall 10.8" wide 7.6" section height-which btw, is the size I STRONGLY advise you to look at(275/65/18). It'll give you the height you want, and its width is close to stock, so you won't have any rubbing issues.
Here's the tire size calculator I use: http://www.4wheelparts.com/aux_incl/tire_calculator.htm
Yokev is right, you can absolutely fit a 35 on your truck now with the leveling kit. While you will receive some travel with them on but going over a speed bump with any speed or pot hots wont make for a comfortable ride.

Quick Reply: 2011 f150 fx4 tires