Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2 inch lift on 95 F150 XLT 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 10:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2 inch lift on 95 F150 XLT 4x4

Hello everybody,
I need a little advice on this lift. I want to lift my truck by about 2 inches to fit bigger tires. My shocks, at least front ones, were busted so I bought new Rancho RS5000 shocks. To do the lift I bought a 2 inch lift coil spring for the front and skyjacker add a leaf pair of leafs for the rear.
As I disassembled the front I realized that the Rancho shocks I bought were too short and not compatible with that longer coil spring. So I went back to the store and ordered longer ones (RS5115).

The rear add a leafs didn't fit at all; the leaf had a 2 inch width and my stock leafs are 3 inch and the head of the bolts that came with the leafs had a smaller diameter then the stock ones. The rear shocks RS5229 fit and should with a 2inch lift.

So here are my concerns:
REAR:
I noticed that my truck already has lift blocks on the rear axle. So do I really need to add a leaf? Cant I just get bigger blocks with new U-bolts like the ones Pro-comp sells here?

Front:
Even though the Pro-comp coil spring I bought is a bit longer then the stock one I was still able to fit it in (by standing on the arm). It worries me because I'm thinking shouldn't the Pitman arm also be lower or replaced or so? How about the Radius arms?
Its hard to find kits but Rancho used to make Lift kits (3 - 4") which included radius arms, pitman arm and other hardware. (Kit RS6570 or Kit RS6440)
They're not listed on their website so I figured they got discontinued.

I don't want to have steering problems or break any of the steering components. Help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

Quick Reply: 2 inch lift on 95 F150 XLT 4x4