Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

'13 svt raptor: Looking for some off-road fun

Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 AM
K.I.A.F.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I am most likely getting a 2013 SVT Raptor in the next few weeks and I'm looking to use it for some off-roading. I'm new to the whole game though, so I have no idea what to do or where to go. I am 5 miles north of Albany, NY in a city called Cohoes. I'm looking for some people in the general area or within a reasonable distance to link up with and learn the ways of the dirt and rock. LOL If anyone knows of any sites, clubs, tracks or anything of that nature please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by KnoxHustle; 01-10-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:08 AM
K.I.A.F.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, any upgrades worth doing as a beginner or is it good as is off the showroom floor?

Last edited by KnoxHustle; 01-10-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KnoxHustle
Also, any upgrades worth doing as a beginner or is it good as is off the showroom floor?

That would entirely depend on what kind of offroading you intend to be doing with her.

I would imagine that in New York you're going to have very similar terrain as we have up here in Ontario. Very heavily forested trails, lots of mud, lots of rock, large standing pools in the middle of trails hiding those rocks as well. Which is great for Jeeps, and narrower styled vehicles, ATV's, etc. However the Raptor being so wide you will have to do some trail scouting on occasion before you bring it through various segments.

That said, the Raptor is not particularly well equipped for our environ up here. It certainly beats anything else that is stock. But this type of terrain typically favors vehicles with larger ground clearance.

Were I you, I'd be looking for sandy, open/rolling country terrain. Thats where the Raptor is really going to shine. And you'll be able to open her up and put all that muscle to good use. And I'd keep away from modifying that truck too heavily as far as suspension and ride height is concerned unless you are prepared to sink thousands of dollars into it.

Buy some new Oakley's, and just enjoy being a rad*** who owns a Raptor!
The following 2 users liked this post by NorthFx4:
Grandpa's Grocery Getter (01-13-2013), KnoxHustle (01-11-2013)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '13 svt raptor: Looking for some off-road fun