Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

What brand MT's???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 04:45 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
Default What brand MT's???

Anyone have any experience with the Mastercraft Courser MXT's?? A friend of mine just put a set on a F-250 and I thing they look really good. Problem is they're only available in 2 sizes. Also he hasn't had them long enough to tell how they wear. They are pretty quiet. I was able to find a lot of review and they were all 4 or 5 star reviews which I found a little hard to believe with the relatively low cost of these tires.

On another note I have been considering the Cooper STT PRO as well. Does anyone have these or have any info/feedback on them? Reviews are hard to come by but they are the most reasonably priced tire I can find in the 295/60/20 size I really want. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-21-2015, 05:02 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Default What brand MT's???

The STT Pro came out like 2 weeks ago so it's way to new to give any solid reviews. However I have the STT which is the predecessor the the STT Pro. It has been a great tire and is probably the best mud tire in wet weather that I have ever experienced. Of course they claim the Pro is a little better even still.

FWIW Mastercraft is owned by Cooper, however Mastercraft is what they brand their lower quality products under.

Personally I would go with the cooper. Unfortunately they don't make the Pro in my size so I will be looking for a new tire in the future.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Tested that STT pro on buddy's tundra, and its impressive on wet and mud, very much expected with new tires so it takes time to know how they perform when wearing out. As per experience, I would still go with either Toyo OC MT or Federal Couragia MT, check out specs and reviews:
http://www.treaddepot.com/group/opmtl.html
http://4wheelonline.com/federal-cour...tires.222565.0
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...ia-MT-Tire.htm
Old 06-22-2015, 10:43 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

tribal thanks for the input however the toyos are approximately $140 a tire more for the size I'm looking for and I've also read on a few threads on this website that toyo are having some sidewall problems?? Also a buddy of mine has the federals on a chevy 1500 in 35x12.5 and they lasted all of 27k. 90% + of my driving is on pavement. With that being said the important things for me are noise, mileage and appearance. They will only see real mud/offroad a handful of times a year. Supposedly the STT PRO is supposed to be the perfect mix of that with great offroad capability. I guess they're still too new to tell yet. thanks again

Quick Reply: What brand MT's???