Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

tire size frustrations! want a wider stance!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation tire size frustrations! want a wider stance!

Hey guys
new to the forums so if i step on any toes forgive me...

that being said, I own a 2006 F150 King Ranch FX4. I bought the truck used and it very much so appears to be leveled on the front end. IM 99.9% sure it is atleast.

I have Goodyear A/T KO LT 275/65R20 on the truck right now and dont get me wrong it looks good!
BUT
I would like to widen the stance of the truck so that the wheels stick out from the body to give it a more aggressive look.

I dont think I want to go bigger in terms of height (ibelieve there 33in)
but i would like to go wider.

pretty sure the tires are 10 1/2 in wide and i would like to go 11 1/2 or even 12 1/2 but not sure they make that to fit the factory 20's on the truck.

Ive also looked into wheel adapters and have heard very mixed reviews.BUT it is a less expensive option (maybe not over long term).

Offset rims are also in the mix but from what I can gather. Offset rims and wheel adapters when steering will be move of a shifting of the tire rather than a pivoting (because of the offset).

For the most part the truck is a daily driver, but i do get that itch everyonce and a while to take it through the mud.

any help or advice would be greately appriciated.

(plz keep in mind im not rich and working within a budget, so cost is always a factor, wish it wasnt lol)
Old 05-02-2015, 09:37 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Like this?

Those tires are 10.8" wide on -12 offset rims.

Spacers are the cheapest option however.

Last edited by RLXXI; 05-02-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:26 AM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by thedudeman88
Hey guys
new to the forums so if i step on any toes forgive me...

that being said, I own a 2006 F150 King Ranch FX4. I bought the truck used and it very much so appears to be leveled on the front end. IM 99.9% sure it is atleast.

I have Goodyear A/T KO LT 275/65R20 on the truck right now and dont get me wrong it looks good!
BUT
I would like to widen the stance of the truck so that the wheels stick out from the body to give it a more aggressive look.

I dont think I want to go bigger in terms of height (ibelieve there 33in)
but i would like to go wider.

pretty sure the tires are 10 1/2 in wide and i would like to go 11 1/2 or even 12 1/2 but not sure they make that to fit the factory 20's on the truck.

Ive also looked into wheel adapters and have heard very mixed reviews.BUT it is a less expensive option (maybe not over long term).

Offset rims are also in the mix but from what I can gather. Offset rims and wheel adapters when steering will be move of a shifting of the tire rather than a pivoting (because of the offset).

For the most part the truck is a daily driver, but i do get that itch everyonce and a while to take it through the mud.

any help or advice would be greately appriciated.

(plz keep in mind im not rich and working within a budget, so cost is always a factor, wish it wasnt lol)
Without going much taller, you can run a 285/55r20 that will give you quite a bit more width and offroad capability BUT nothing short of spacers or more wheel offset is going to give you the wider stance.

Quick Reply: tire size frustrations! want a wider stance!