Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Tire size chart

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Brianm825

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Tire size chart

I'm sure that at some point I found a post on here that had a chart detailing tire size; essentially listing the actual size listed on the side wall and breaking it down into an outer diameter measurement. I can't for the life of me find that on the forum now. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:39 AM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

I dont remember the thread you are talking about but I always go to TireRack.com for information like that.

Just type in your size, click on any tire it doesn't matter, then click the "Specs" Tab. It will give you all sorts of information about the tire and all the other sizes available! Geat Resource!

They will tell you the Uniform Tire Quality Grade(UTQG), Max Load, Max Inflation Pressure, Tread Depth, Tire Weight, Rim Width Range, Reccomended Rim Width, Sectional Width, Tread Width, Overall Diamater, Revolutions per Mile, and Country of origin.

I work for another big name tire retailer but I still tend to look at tire rack when doing personal research because there database is quite a bit more user friendly and gives the customer more information. Lucky for me they charge shipping or their prices would be really competitive
Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I Like Tires

Originally Posted by Discount Tire
Tires are like shoes, some run larger and some run smaller in each size.

Here's a few links that can help you understand the numbers on your tires sidewall and a calculator to help you estimate actual dimensions.

[*]Reading the tires size **Video** and other sidewall information[*]Tire size Calculator
True there is some variance but Euro Metric tires are gonna be pretty exact and American P-Metric LT-Metric tires are going to be within like 5%, so the variance is fairly small.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear wrangler Dura-Trac size 275/65R18

Hi, i have just bought four brand new Dura Trac tires, i am wondering what is the best tire pressure to run them at? They are 10 ply tires E rating. i work on a pipeline so i am always off road but i drive about 50 miles everyday to get to work. i drive the interstate.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 PM
I Like Tires

Originally Posted by Matt Danilchak
Hi, i have just bought four brand new Dura Trac tires, i am wondering what is the best tire pressure to run them at? They are 10 ply tires E rating. i work on a pipeline so i am always off road but i drive about 50 miles everyday to get to work. i drive the interstate.
Kinda a loaded question. Technically you only need to run 35 psi just like you would on your stock tires. In fact the Dura Tracs will hold more weight at 35psi than your truck can handle.

However some people including myself like to run a little more to ensure the tire stays square an doesn't flex to much going down the road. However to much air will cause you to wear the center tread and that would wear your tire out much faster.

I have had them for 2 years now and have run them at 45psi and I rotate religiously every 3k miles. They have worn smoothly and evenly. No problems here.

So run them somewhere around 40-45 if you would like but 35 is absolutely sufficient and would provide a better ride.

Quick Reply: Tire size chart