Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Swapping Tires Back And Forth

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 09:36 PM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Swapping Tires Back And Forth

Not sure if this has been discussed here, I've been searching for some time tonight and not coming up with an answer...

I have a 2014 Limited with the stock 22" wheels, it has a set of Hankook Ventus tires with almost new tread. From looking at the tire and looking online it appears these are not good tires for the winter but I am happy with them for summer driving.

I would like to buy a set of winter tires to fit these rims and swap just the tires back and forth fall/spring. I've thought about buying a second set of rims and tires and just changing the rims each season (which is still on the table) but I really like the way my truck looks with the factory wheels. I've also been looking for a set of factory 22s but they seem to fetch around $2k for a set if you can find them.

So I'm wondering would it be hard on the rubber to pull them off, let them sit 6 months then re-mount each season? Or are today's tires perfectly capable of handling that stress?
Old 10-10-2016, 03:20 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

My dad's been doing it for a few years now. Keeps his tires up off the ground on a rack in our storage shed. Has a set of GoodYear Duratracs that are 3+ years old, just runs them from October to March. Then some firestone's for the summer. No signs of dry rot.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:24 PM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I ended up buying a second set of rims/tires for the winter, should be here this week...

Quick Reply: Swapping Tires Back And Forth