Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Running 35's....

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running 35's....

Greetings,

Those of you running 35 inchers on stock gearing, do you notice a difference in the gas guzzling factor? Our trucks are already a pain at the pump, im just wondering if it is really worth the looks to gas ratio when it comes to running 35's. Thanks in advance.....
Old 06-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilFX4
Greetings,

Those of you running 35 inchers on stock gearing, do you notice a difference in the gas guzzling factor? Our trucks are already a pain at the pump, im just wondering if it is really worth the looks to gas ratio when it comes to running 35's. Thanks in advance.....
I ran 35's on stock gears for about 8 months and noticed a difference. Of course I also added a 6" lift at the same time. I lost about 3 mpg when I added the lift and 35's. I really can't say how much of that I gained back by going to 4.56's because at the same time I moved to Hawaii and went down even further because traffic out here is horrible and it's all stop-n-go everywhere I drive. I don't drive the highways out here enough to get more than 11 mpg's.

It really comes down to can you afford the extra gas money and if so are you willing to pay it. For me I knew going into the lift and 35's my mileage would drop and I was willing to pay. Now that gas is over $4 and approaching $5 in some places, I just drive my truck less and take the wife's car more.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
Now that gas is over $4 and approaching $5 in some places, I just drive my truck less and take the wife's car more.
Thats the thing, in my area we are at $4.70/gal.

Quick Reply: Running 35's....