Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Ridge Grappler vs. Exo Grappler

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 01:58 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ridge Grappler vs. Exo Grappler

I'm looking at these two tires. I can't seem to find out all the info I want on them. First off I would like to know if they both have a good amount of bead for wheel protection. I would like to keep my 20" sport wheels looking good. Also I can't find the weight for the tires anywhere. I'm looking at 285/60r20 in the Exo's and 295/60r20 in the Ridges. If anyone has any info or can point me in the right direction to find this info that would be great. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Ridge Grappler vs. Exo Grappler-ridge-grappler.png  
Attached Images  
Old 10-28-2016, 09:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just updated my truck and put on Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 295/70/18 (34 x 11.5). I am loving them so far.

Here is a 2014 STX 4x4 Supercrew with Fox 2.0 front coilovers set at 2" level, plus rear Fox 2.0 shocks (stock height). I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70/18 tires on 18x9 Black Rhino Mint +12 offset wheels. 3.55 gears; 5.0L V8 with the SCT x4 tuner and Stage 3 Motorsports 87 performance/tow tune. No rubbing in this setup as it is, however the front valance is really close. I will likely trim the valance a tiny bit just to give it some breathing room and also remove my front air dam for general appearance's sake. I'll go to a N-fab nerf step on this and remove the stock stepbar next.

Note the closeup pic of the tire is before the Fox rear shocks were mounted. The pics of the full truck are post-Fox 2.0 mounting.

The truck rides great so far. E-load tires are what they are on a 1/2 ton truck...it won't ever be a stock smooth ride, but it is a 4x4 pickup afterall. I am running 45lbs air all around. If I tow a small travel trailer...will kick the back up to 50lbs.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:07 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BDJ Eco-Boost
I'm looking at these two tires. I can't seem to find out all the info I want on them. First off I would like to know if they both have a good amount of bead for wheel protection. I would like to keep my 20" sport wheels looking good. Also I can't find the weight for the tires anywhere. I'm looking at 285/60r20 in the Exo's and 295/60r20 in the Ridges. If anyone has any info or can point me in the right direction to find this info that would be great. Thanks
Pretty late reply...What did you end up going with? I am looking at the same two tires, in the same sizes. I ordered some 20x9 +20's
Old 04-19-2017, 05:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Annapolis
Pretty late reply...What did you end up going with? I am looking at the same two tires, in the same sizes. I ordered some 20x9 +20's
Actually I decided to stick with the stock Dynopro ATMs until they wear out. But when the time comes I think I'm going to go with the Ridge Grapplers.