Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Pulled the trigger on new tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 12:20 AM

Received 104 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Pulled the trigger on new tires

Well haven't really bought them yet but I will be on Friday night.

I had 1 Tire go out on me and another not holding air, and the last to have no tread. So being on a tight budget I will be going with tread Wright gaurd dogs. Can't be 700$ shipped for 4 'new' MTs. I'm gonna be try to get them in Nitto trail grappler side walls, just to be different since most people get either BFG or good year. Plus the tread looks almost kinda sorta like a trail grappler except for the side walls. Any ways I will be getting them in 285/70/17 and will post pics as soon as they get here, plus a little review!
Old 08-21-2014, 12:24 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Hope they work out well for you! The tire retread technology has come a long way! I still don't know how I feel about them though.

Post pics when they come in!
Old 08-21-2014, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by BassAckwards
Hope they work out well for you! The tire retread technology has come a long way! I still don't know how I feel about them though.

Post pics when they come in!
I have been researching them for a long time, I have probably read and reread every review out there. Out of all the reviews I have read I only saw 2 bad ones, one of them was due to under inflation at high way speed. The only other bad thing I have read is that the have a high pitched whine, but what mud Tire isn't loud? I figured for the price you can't beat it, plus the come with a decent warranty that seams to cover pretty much everything. I'm going to try to check pressure at every fill up and rotate every 3k miles to get the most out of them. I also did not get the kedge grip. I just don't like the idea of things coming off my Tire to 'sipe' them, and the 20% less tread life. If I have problems in the rain ill look into getting them siped.

I'll definitely be posting pics and a review. I can't wait for the to get here.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:18 PM

Ok I just ordered them!! I decided on good year MTR side walls with kevlar. Hopefully they will be here soon
Old 08-28-2014, 05:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested in how they do
Old 08-28-2014, 09:49 AM

Well fed ex says they will be here tomorrow. So I'm hoping I can get them put on Saturday

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on new tires